PPML Error with Command Workstation 5.2

I'm placing a PPML file generated from Fusion Pro Desktop into Command Workstation 5.2, then impose it to be stepped out.

After going through the settings and hitting print, I get the following error.

"PPML Processing Error: Parsor error at line 1 col39: invalid "l" at position 2 of a 3-byte sequence"

I've tried using Acrobat Pro to flatten the file and remove any effects. Resubmitted it, same error.

I don't know how a VPS works so I'm not going that route. It needs to be PPML or bust basically. PDF's take too long to impose.

So is this an error in .csv file used in creating the PPML? Or is it something else?

Hello,

Why not use Fusionpro's "FP Imposer" to define the multi-up layout.

The template will then be imposed already in the output PPML that gets generated.

In order to utilize FusionPro's Imposer, here is an example of how it is used.

First, launch FP Imposer from the following location:

PC- Start>>(All) Programs >>PTI >>FusionPro>>FusionPro Imposer

Mac- Mac HD : Applications: PTI : FusionPro : FP Imposer.

Select the "Load" option. This will allow the utility to load the template's Finisih size, bleed, pages in pdf.

Then click the "Press Sheet" option to specify your press sheet size.

Then select "Layout". Define your layout here.

Configure using all options in this area to ensure that your template fits correctly.

Then go back to "Document" and save the file in your job folder.

Now in Acrobat / FusionPro, at the time of composition, there is an Imposition tab for you specify this file.

After going through the settings and hitting print, I get the following error.

"PPML Processing Error: Parsor error at line 1 col39: invalid "l" at position 2 of a 3-byte sequence"

So is this an error in .csv file used in creating the PPML? Or is it something else?

It's a 27mb file. There won't be any way for me to email that.

I tried using FP Imposer and it doesn't look like I have the settings I need. Essentially I have a small booklet that I am bulk mailing. It's 2 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11, front & back, that's folded down to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. It's already laid out in booklet format when sent to Fusion Pro.

After inserting all of the bulk mail information in FP Desktop, I used Imposer to create a imposition file that just references how many pages the document has. Create a PPML file with that imposition, dump that PPML file into Command Workstation, then actually impose the document at the fiery, 2-up (Multi-Record Collate) on 11x17 sheet, duplexed top to top.

Then when I try to print, I get that error.

If I impose it with FP Imposer, I don't want it to repeat records. I need it to understand that there are 4,740 records and it's 4 pages per record. Because all it does is repeat the first record over and over again.