Import XML files

PeterGvO

Hi Dan,

I'm getting weekly XML files from a web2print application. Besides the output (PDF) there is XML with address information. I want to take out this information and bring it to FusionPro to make variable labels for shipping.

First problem is to combine the XML files to one file. But i'm curious if FusionPro has XML import possibilities.http://www.gvo.nl/demo/demo.xml

Edited by PeterGvO

I'm getting weekly XML files from a web2print application. Besides the output (PDF) there is XML with address information. I want to take out this information and bring it to FusionPro to make variable labels for shipping.

First problem is to combine the XML files to one file. But i'm curious if FusionPro has XML import possibilities.http://www.gvo.nl/demo/demo.xml

FusionPro can take XML files as input, but only with very specific <record> and <copyhole> tags. This is called tagged markup input. But it doesn't know what to do with an arbitrary XML file.

I suppose you could write a "poor man's parser" in JavaScript to extract the data you need from the XML file. Or you could try to import a library such as JSON for XML parsing.

However, I think your needs would best be met by a custom application, written in a higher-level language like C#, which could parse the XML to build an input data file for FusionPro and then invoke the FusionPro VDP Producer API (FusionPro Server) to compose the output.