Back-order for Kit products

I have created a Kit product that contains 6 components. Each component is available for order independently as well as part of the kit. I have set each component's re-order settings to automatic approval, which works fine individually. These settings do not transfer over to the Kit.

When I try to order more kits than we have individual components, I get the error message "The quantity chosen exceeds the quantity available."

Is it possible to have a Kit allow back-orders? If so, where do I find those options?

Yo 6,

Currently, I do not believe back ordering is available for kits. Contact PTI support just to be sure. As far as I understand it, the kit quantity available on the store is equal to the PICK product component with the lowest on hand quantity. It doesn't seem to recognize individual PICK product backorder settings.

A workaround might be to create a folder in the Catalog Editor housing all the products in the kit and have users order them individually rather than just as a PTI kit. Enable the user group feature "Remain on Add to Cart" so the user doesn't get directed to the shopping cart each time they add the desired amount of products to cart. They will stay on page.

http://s7.postimage.org/x9wfuv3tn/Screen_shot_2013_01_30_at_8_19_38_AM.jpg

All the best,

-Dan