Pick item question

Is it possible to set up pick items so the customer pays at the time of restock and then doesn't pay when purchasing the items in the store?

We have an item that we will be outsourcing. Say we want the customer to pay when we have the 500 items produced, but then not pay when they come into the store to order 50 of them. When inventory reaches the point where we need to reorder from our supplier, they would then be charged for the next 500.

Hmmm...you could do this by creating two unique products...

Create a new folder with the following two products:

Product A: Replenishment Order

-set valid drop down pricing in sets of what you want the customer to be able to reorder (i.e. 250/500/750/1000)

-this product will always reside in the folder for the customer to restock Product B below.

Product B: Regularly Ordered Product

-set pricing to 0 (or only pick fees if applicable)

-set this order to "Disable Backordering" so when the quantity reaches -0-, the only product left in the folder would be Product A. As you may know, PICK products automatically deactivate with this setting enabled.

That way, you'll just have to watch for Product A replenishment orders and know you'll have to reactivate product B when the new inventory is received from the OSV.

-Dan

Hmmm...you could do this by creating two unique products...

Create a new folder with the following two products:

Product A: Replenishment Order

-set valid drop down pricing in sets of what you want the customer to be able to reorder (i.e. 250/500/750/1000)

-this product will always reside in the folder for the customer to restock Product B below.

Product B: Regularly Ordered Product

-set pricing to 0 (or only pick fees if applicable)

-set this order to "Disable Backordering" so when the quantity reaches -0-, the only product left in the folder would be Product A. As you may know, PICK products automatically deactivate with this setting enabled.

That way, you'll just have to watch for Product A replenishment orders and know you'll have to reactivate product B when the new inventory is received from the OSV.

-Dan

Thank you! This is a very good idea. I am going to try to implement this. Seems like something PTI's support should have thought of when I asked them. ;)