Pre-Filling Addresses for Multiple Locations

savitrd

I am setting up envelopes that will have multiple location options for a client. Basically, I need each address to populate based on the location the user selects from a drop down list. They would like the addresses to pre-fill based on the location selected. They would also like to edit the information if need be. How would I approach this at the beginners level of using printable? We gave them the option of creating groups for each of their departments, but they decided against this option. What would be the best approach? :confused:

On the FP Desktop side, it would be easy enough to set up formatted text resources for each location and then choose one to use in a JS switch statement based on a location choice in the data.

But I assume you are using MarcomCentral as your front end which I have no experience with. In a similar front end app, we can include mailing data in a user's profile and set it to pre-fill field(s) when a user selects a variable item. If that user updates the info in his profile, it will be updated in the system for future orders.

Alternatively, you could just offer the dropdown on the front end with multi locations which triggers the aforementioned switch, but then you would need to edit the static text resources manually (in the background) whenever one was added or changed.

Archived