PDF preview?

n2_space

Technically any preview that is generated in the Store for version or Variable Product Types allow you to view the pdf preview. The default "Enhanced View" is Flash based and by clicking on the Acrobat icon in the toolbar allows you to view it in the pdf format in the Store. You can manage this settings in the Form/Setup section of the Product in the Viewer Options tab, you can even use the "Basic Image View" which only allows the user to open the pdf in the Store.

Technically any preview that is generated in the Store for version or Variable Product Types allow you to view the pdf preview. The default "Enhanced View" is Flash based and by clicking on the Acrobat icon in the toolbar allows you to view it in the pdf format in the Store. You can manage this settings in the Form/Setup section of the Product in the Viewer Options tab, you can even use the "Basic Image View" which only allows the user to open the pdf in the Store.

That's what I thought, but this is what I get... when I refresh the page for a split second I see the icons for pdf preview of the item, but it disappears instantly and you see the attached (blanked out the actual item due to NDA)... any thoughts?

Untitled-1.jpg.cde19289fa509f71aa16783cc135ae5b.jpg

Try setting the "Disable View PDF" set to "YES" in the product and update it. Then try setting it back to "NO" and updating it again. I've noticed sometimes you have to make a change and update for the settings to actually update.

Gave it try, but no dice :(

I just noticed the preview you showed it at the very beginning of the order process. Did you go all the way through and you actually clicked on the refresh to preview the data in the template. It wont show the pdf icon until you do that.

There is no refresh... even if i upload my own database... that's what I'm looking for :) it gives me the same set up, no refresh or pdf preview.

It is a 3 step process to complete the ordering process for a Variable Product. Step 1 - upload the database; Step 2 - map the data fields; Step 3 - populate any version fields. then you refresh the preview to view the proof. You will have some choices to see up to 5 records for the proof but you will not see every record previewed.

Could also be a browser issue, which browser and version are you using? MAC or PC operating system?

If you are still having issues you may need to supply your Store name and Product ID to support so we can take a look.

It is a 3 step process to complete the ordering process for a Variable Product. Step 1 - upload the database; Step 2 - map the data fields; Step 3 - populate any version fields. then you refresh the preview to view the proof. You will have some choices to see up to 5 records for the proof but you will not see every record previewed.

Could also be a browser issue, which browser and version are you using? MAC or PC operating system?

If you are still having issues you may need to supply your Store name and Product ID to support so we can take a look.

I see... our other stuff works differently (xdf's and iforms), and it's been nearly a year since we went over this in training, rusty brain :) Thanks! :D

Archived