Multi-page PDF / Overflow Page Issue - Not centering?

Stack

I have a booklet template with a rule that inserts a PDF file as text, and overflows any additional pages. That works fine, however all text pages -- except for the last one -- will not insert vertically centered. I've ensured on the Text Frame options palette that the content be vertically centered. Below is the code I'm using:

var result = "";
var counter = 0;

for (item=01;item<2;item++)
     {

if (Field("insertPages")!="")
           {
               counter++;
               var Pic = new FusionProResource(Field("insertPages"), "graphic", "true");
               for (Pic.pagenumber = 1; Pic.pagenumber <= Pic.countPages; Pic.pagenumber++) 

if (Pic.pagenumber == Pic.countPages)
                   {
                       result += Pic.content;
                   }
               else 
                   {
                       result += Pic.content+"<p>";
                   }
       } // itemlen

}  // for item

return result; 

I can also collect and upload the template if that'll help...

Any ideas?

EDIT - Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but the pages are being aligned to the top of the frame (except of course for the last page).

I think when I have a setup like that, I have to make the height of each text frame slightly longer than the page itself so that the bottom hangs off the template with each frame top-aligned. You may have to play with the exact amount of extra height needed based on your files.

I think when I have a setup like that, I have to make the height of each text frame slightly longer than the page itself so that the bottom hangs off the template with each frame top-aligned. You may have to play with the exact amount of extra height needed based on your files.

I habitually size the text boxes with a .125" overhang all-around, so I know that won't fix it. I did try sizing it the exact page size too, but no luck. If the text files were consistently the same size, then I'd just size and center the boxes accordingly, but that's not an options either...

Archived