Color change when using a master.

alinissen

I export my PDF using QuarkXPress 8.1, I send that to the press and print it and the color looks wonderful. I make a duplicate of that PDF and rename the file, add the mail list in Acrobat and compose to the press using the postscript setting and I suppress the PDF background. I then create a master using the PDF on the press end and make sure the addressed composed file is using that master. When I compare the two printed files (Original PDF and Created Master with List attached) the color does not match. Does anyone have a answer to this problem? Thanks!

Perhaps I'm not following your post correctly, but it sounds like you are comparing a PDF background created in Quark to a PDF background duplicated/created at the press. The only thing it sounds like FusionPro is doing is to provide the variable mailing information (background suppressed). If this is correct, then why are you asking a question about background color discrepancies on a FusionPro forum?

It sounds like the PDF being generated at the press is using different settings to "re-create" a PDF from the RIPped file it already has versus the settings used in Quark. Or perhaps the PDF color settings are altered by the hot folder settings you use at the press when transferring the original PDF. What type of press are you using and how are files sent from server to press?

By the way, why are you going through all those steps instead of just producing a composite file from FusionPro?

I'm simply trying to find the source of the problem. We print to a Canon Imagepress. I think I will contact them about this issue. I don't know when this is occurring, when I'm composing to the press through FusionPro or on the press. Thanks anyway.

Archived