USPSIMBStandard Font issue in FusionPro 13.1.8

lasdoog

Hello,

We just upgraded to FusionPro Creator 13.1.8 and I see new behavior with USPS font for barcodes.

Specifically USPSIMBStandard font. FusionPro will not assign  this font to a variable in Text Editor, but asks me

if I want to "insert variable to change the font"    This works and FP inserts a System variable«$font:USPSIMBStandard»

I guess this just how it is now? Or is there a new setting I"m missing? This font is loaded in FontBook.

Thanks for any insights you provide

Presumably you upgraded from FP version 10 or earlier.

Yes, this is expected behavior.  The output should still be correct.

Further explanation: Due to necessary architectural changes between FP 10 and FP 11, the underlying text editing control will not allow text in the editor to be set in a font that doesn't support the selected characters.  Since the barcode font supports only specific characters such as F, A, D, and T, or 0, 1, 2, and 3, to represent the four different kinds of bars, it can't be used to render the name of the data field you're applying it to as a variable.  Thus, we have to output a special variable to have the editor mark the variable in that font.

In any case, the output should still render correctly.