Complex OnRecordStart Rule behaving out of the ordinary.

Cat

I'm having an issue with code that is behaving differently this year as opposed to previous years.

• I did not create this code originally
  • This year the item has 28 optional pages, which is more than previous years.
  • I'm getting errors that I have not gotten in previous years
  • There is code dealing with sections that really does not need to be in the code any longer but I'm not sure how to remove it (previous years sections needed to be even pages and had filler pages to accomplish that)

Why is the code "skipping" opt18, and opt26, and making the count 30, would it should be 28?

What do these error mean? What should I be looking for in the code in order to fix these errors (these errors have never happened before!):
"Bad error code"
"dtl_pdf_pageout, progress "dlpdfcontenttopage", error: The document's page tree contains an invalid node."

Attached is my code and the composition message.

029940_Premera_AK_Welcome_final-Output.msg OnRecordStart_v01_TESTING.txt

Unfortunately, this is impossible to debug without the entire template.  The contents of the data file are obviously relevant to what the rule is trying to do with the data, and the calls to FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage() can't possibly work without the template PDF and its named pages.

If you can collect up the job and post it here, someone might be able to look at it.  However, if the data file contains protected or personal.confidential data, then please don't post it here; you can send it to Support and they can see if there is any help they can provide, or possibly paid template-building hours you can purchase.

In either case, some plain-text description of the business requirements that this code and template are trying to fulfill would be helpful in the analysis.

Thank you Dan, I thought as much, and have contacted FusionPro Support.

They helped me with the code!

The issue with the wrong page count had to do with extra pages in PDF files.

The error had to do with URL hyperlinks in the PDF files. The error did not stop any processes I needed nor have any effect on the URLs working after the template was processed.

• Like 1