outputting multiple pdf-files

hoover

Hi,

I want to create multiple (multipage) pdf files based on a field.

Ex:

field value =1

field value =2

If te value is 1 create value1.pdf

else value2.pdf

My FP document contains multiple pages for different designs

Can i do this with bodypages and onrecordstart?

Thx hoover

I want for exaple 3 pdf files. The first pdf contains several pages. Each page has 1 cheque at the bottom with variable data.

The second pdf contains several pages. Each page has 2 cheques with variable data.

The Third pdf contains several pages. Each page has 3 cheques with variable data.

But i want to use one design document.

I figured out the if i use the onrecordstart with bodypage exp. i can generate 1 pdf with all the 1 cheques followed by the 2 cheques and the 3 cheques. But i want to split it up in 3 pdf's.

Hope this is clear?

Thx

No.

I want the output pdf which contains now +- 30000 pages split up.

But FP must split the pdf depending on a field value.

Ex

If field("cheques") == "1"

**make cheque1.pdf** --- contains x pages depending on how many records have field("cheques") value =1

If field("cheques") == "2"

**make cheque2.pdf** --- contains x pages depending on how many records have field("cheques") value =2

If field("cheques") == "3"

**make cheque3.pdf** --- contains x pages depending on how many records have field("cheques") value =3

Hope this is clear?

thx

I don't believe it is possible to split an output file over a variable range of records. You can output a separate file for each record and you can output your entire data set in multiple "chunks" (each of the same number of records), but you can not output to separate files based on a field value.

Your best bet would be to pre-sort your data on the the "cheques" field, output a single document and then split the file manually in Acrobat Pro.

Archived