Word Spacing

mclisa81

I've seen this question asked previously and there wasn't a solution that I could find. I have a customer that is using about 20 horrible free script fonts that they've downloaded. The word spacing varies greatly from one font to the other and obviously if I use the global change, that changes all the spacebands. Is there a way to make this work? I'll attach 2 pdfs. The first one called "SamplewordSpacing.pdf" shows what I'm getting now with the word spacing set to the default. The font in the first record is very hard to read, while the 2nd record is fine. The second file "What_I_Want.pdf" shows what I'm looking for in the first record as far as word spacing which is set to 220. This obviously will not work for all the fonts they're using.

SampleWordSpacing.pdf

What_I_Want.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I am not aware of any way to alter word spacing with tags in FP.

How would fonts with tight word spacing look with double-spacing? If this were an option, it should be easy enough to do a find a replace on a field to change the data for your tight freebie fonts...

Thanks for replying Eric. That's what I figured out. Although I used em's, en's and thin spaces along with spacebands, just because all the fonts were so different. It took awhile, and I'll need to add new rules with every new font they add, but it's working. Thanks again.

Archived