Separate first and last names in vCard QR code

Odell

We are using FusionPro VDP Creator 12.1.3 and creating a vCard QR code using the default QR Contact (vCard) graphic rule. We are not converting the rule to Javascript. We are using the wizard to set up the rule. The mapping options only allow a "Name" and not separate First and Last Names. When scanning the returned QR code on an iPhone the returned contact information is putting the full name into the Last Name field of the phone contacts. Is there a way to format the vCard rule to allow mapping to first name and last name fields with the resulting QR code output mapping to the matching areas in the phone contacts?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello Odell,

Looks like the name is supposed to be in the format of Lastname;Firstname.

Therefore if you have the first name and last name in separate fields you could make a small rule like this:

return Field("LastName") + ";" + Field("FirstName");

and call it FullNameForQRCode

Then in your QR code GUI, put that function in the value for name, and I think you'll get what you want. Let me know if this works.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:00 AM, Douglas Cogan said:

Hello Odell,

Looks like the name is supposed to be in the format of Lastname;Firstname.

Therefore if you have the first name and last name in separate fields you could make a small rule like this:

return Field("LastName") + ";" + Field("FirstName");

and call it FullNameForQRCode

Then in your QR code GUI, put that function in the value for name, and I think you'll get what you want. Let me know if this works.

This worked perfectly Douglas! Our names were initially not in separate fields, but we parsed them and then used your rule and it worked.

Thanks!