Duplicate FP Properties in Another File

ksulliv1

Hi, I have what seems like a logical question that should have an easy answer but I could be wrong. Once we have completely worked up a project with FP Desktop, meaning we have a data file, defined our resources, defined a list of rules, set all the variables in order using the correct fonts and suppression settings, have run the Define HTML Form tool and set everything there, run Compose and set everything there and done a collect to create the final ZIP file. Basically completed the steps palette. Is there a way to take all of the content for the current PDF and somehow just plug it into another PDF file? Like if you had more than one version of a business card where all of the static background and art may very from one to another, but the FP customization would remain the same for all. And you wouldn't have to build everything from scratch again on each file>

When you initially set up a new FP template from a PDF, you can choose to "import a data source from another document." This will import all your rules and data file from a previous job into your new file. This will not import your frames though.

If I have two PDFs that are exact in every way (including placement of variable frames), I would typically create a graphic frame on a blank PDF page and "place" the static background as a variable element in the background frame. Then, each time I want to use a different static background, I can just point the resource to a new background file.

Archived