Easy Rule Question

ksulliv1

Hello, I am very new to this program and have a question regarding creating a rule using the wizard. I would like to make a rule that says "If text value of oneofmyvalues contains anything then return customtextIspecify" and I don't know if it is possible.

So basically the rule for an email field on a web form would be for example, "If the value of email contains any text that the user types into that field then return E. "

So when the user types the email address "blablabla@live.com" into that field on the form, the rule would add the capital E in a different font and forced to capital like "E. blablabla@live.com"

I hope I am explaining this so you understand what I'm asking.

Thanks

I think you can use the built-in HidePhoneNumberLabel rule with a little modification. The logic is reverse from your explanation. The built-in rule's logic is: if the field is blank return nothing, else return a label plus the field.

You can format the returned text with tags, or remove the field from the returned text (return only the label). The latter would allow you to format the Label and Email differently in the Text Frame Editor.

Ok thanks for the answer, I didn't think of that method and I am not sure what you mean by tag. But what I found that worked even though it seems that it wouldn't, was to use the wizard and for each of the fields that needed to have a specific string of text in front of the copy enetered by the user, and do a "If Text value of (one of my text fields) is greater than 0 then return (whatever copy I type in the field)" and even though these are not numeric entries, it still honors the rule if there is any copy whatsoever entered for that field. So for instance for email it would be,

If Text value of email is greater than 0 then return E

Then I can just highlight that rule and edit the text to be a different font and size and bold.

I will have to try and see if I can do what you were saying also.

Thanks

Archived