Insert Page on Data Change Problem

rick

I have a pad job that I need to add a dynamic sheet to the top of each pad of 100. In my data file I have a field called "PadNum" which changes every 100 records.

I have created a page named Slipsheet with the PadNum as a barcode and created an onRecordStart rule with the following:

---

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet", false);

if (FieldChanged("PadNum")) {

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet", true);

}

---

This works perfectly as single pages. but when I add a Cut and Stack imposition, it seems the rule is ignored. The imposed doc is Slipsheet page > Pad Page > Slipsheet page > Pad Page, etc.

Can anyone help? :confused:

Thanks for the reply Dan. The "slip sheets" need to have variable data on them to identify each pad. For instance, position one of the cust & stack would have a barcode identifying that pad as GC_10off_001, position two would have GC_10off_002, position ten would have GC_10off_010, etc. So I don't think I can get off that easy.

Thanks for the reply Dan. The "slip sheets" need to have variable data on them to identify each pad. For instance, position one of the cust & stack would have a barcode identifying that pad as GC_10off_001, position two would have GC_10off_002, position ten would have GC_10off_010, etc. So I don't think I can get off that easy.

Why do you think it won't work? You can definitely have variable data on a slip sheet that's called out with the setting on the Imposition tab of the Composition Settings dialog. Try it

Maybe my brain is a little gelatinous, I've been messing with this for a while.

As I understand it, I would create an unused body page the same size as my imposition and select that as my slipsheet. How would I put 12 variable text boxes that would correspond to the cut and stack (12 up) pattern?

I'm all for it if that's all there is to it.

As I understand it, I would create an unused body page the same size as my imposition and select that as my slipsheet. How would I put 12 variable text boxes that would correspond to the cut and stack (12 up) pattern?

I'm all for it if that's all there is to it.

I see. You're not really trying to create a slip sheet, at least not in the way that FusionPro defines it. A slip sheet doesn't have the individual pages laid out like a regular imposed sheet; it's just a placeholder between stacks.

It's hard to figure this kind of stuff out in the abstract. I think that, in order for me or someone else to provide more specific help, you would need to post the job. An example of the output you're trying to accomplish would be good to see as well.

I should have posted these to begin with. Sorry about that. The PDF shows what I'm looking for as one set of pads. Let's call it a cover slip followed by 100 sheets of coupons. The next sheet would be the cover slip for the next 100.

I'm attaching the job also, but my rule has changed due to me trying to find a work around by manipulating the data. But, I have 1.7 million records so a FP solution would be incredible.

60991_cr.zip

GC 2013 10 Off-Output.pdf

In order to do this without manipulating your data you can do this in an OnRecordStart rule:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet",false);
var stackHeight = 100;
if (FusionPro.Composition.processedRecordNumber%stackHeight == 1) {
FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 2;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber%2 == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Coupon", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber%2 == 0);
}

Set the stack height, which in your case, you've indicated you want a "cover slipsheet" every 100 records. So you'd repeat the 100th (200th, 300th, etc) record twice so that the output will match what the FPI file is expecting (one page per record). The first time it repeats the record, turn on the slipsheet page. The second time it repeats the record, turn on the coupon page.

Genius! Seems to work perfectly! If I may ask a noob question, what does the % in "FusionPro.Composition.processedRecordNumber%stackHeight" signify?

Thanks so much, you knocked hours of my day!

In order to do this without manipulating your data you can do this in an OnRecordStart rule:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet",false);
var stackHeight = 100;
if (FusionPro.Composition.processedRecordNumber%stackHeight == 1) {
FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 2;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Slipsheet", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber%2 == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Coupon", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber%2 == 0);
}

Set the stack height, which in your case, you've indicated you want a "cover slipsheet" every 100 records. So you'd repeat the 100th (200th, 300th, etc) record twice so that the output will match what the FPI file is expecting (one page per record). The first time it repeats the record, turn on the slipsheet page. The second time it repeats the record, turn on the coupon page.