Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > The JavaScript Library > Formatting Text

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2015, 04:42 PM
Regular Contributor

Default Switching Fonts in a template

I'm trying to switch a font so i can use chinese characters while using the same template. It looks right in fusionpro, but when i put it in marcom i get this (see attached file). Seen this problem before? I have it switching the page of the pdf to achieve the switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp.jpg (29.9 KB, 16 views)
Old December 7th, 2015, 12:18 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Default Re: Switching Fonts in a template

If the problem is specific to the MarcomCentral application, then the question should be asked in the MarcomCentral forum.

That said, you should be able to access the composition log file by changing the last part of the path to the output in your browser from ".pdf" to ".msg". That log file should have some information relevant to the problem.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old December 7th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice Dan. Support told us to uncheck the “MacRoman” option in composition settings in FusionPro, but it was already unchecked.
Old December 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Thanks for the advice Dan. Support told us to uncheck the “MacRoman” option in composition settings in FusionPro, but it was already unchecked.
It's impossible to know what's going wrong without seeing the composition log file.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old December 7th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Regular Contributor

sorry, took a while to figure out what you meant by output window. here you go:

Job started 17:04:50 - 1449536690.
Creator: FusionPro(TM) VDP Producer (API) 9.3.20
Computer Name: SDPFI04
Current working folder: D:\US\ImageServer\bin
Temporary files folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\TEMP_8824\
Template File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.dif
Input File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.xml
Job Config File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.cfg
The <graphic> tag for copyhole "Photo" is missing a "file" or "resource" attribute; the invalid tag is ignored.
Composing record #1, input record 1
Font <Arial Unicode MS> italic style is not loaded, using normal style of this font family.
Job ended 17:04:56 - 1449536696.
Total Job Time: 6s
Old December 8th, 2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Template File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.dif
Input File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.xml
Job Config File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\z0q2ku5v.cfg
Thanks. I don't see anything obvious in there. I'll have to look at the other job files to investigate further. Unfortunately, though, the files referenced there have already been removed. Can you compose the job again and post the new log file?
LinkedIn

Old December 8th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Regular Contributor

Here you go thanks!

http://images.printable.com/pFusion3Temp/vmzkasqs.msg

Job started 11:25:55 - 1449602755.
Creator: FusionPro(TM) VDP Producer (API) 9.3.20
Computer Name: SDPFI02
Current working folder: D:\US\ImageServer\bin
Temporary files folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\TEMP_7652\
Template File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\vmzkasqs.dif
Input File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\vmzkasqs.xml
Job Config File: \\sdfsc02.dc.pti.com\tempvol\tmp\vmzkasqs.cfg
Unknown Tag /p ignored.
The <graphic> tag for copyhole "Photo" is missing a "file" or "resource" attribute; the invalid tag is ignored.
Composing record #1, input record 1
Font <Arial Unicode MS> italic style is not loaded, using normal style of this font family.
Unknown Tag /p ignored.
Job ended 11:25:59 - 1449602759.
Total Job Time: 4s
Old December 9th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Regular Contributor

Hi Dan, is there a way to clear the fonts that FusionPro server loaded. Maybe one of them is corrupt. I tried going on another computer and loading fonts from there, but all I see is the old fonts I loaded on my other computer, it looks like it's stuck.
Old December 9th, 2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Hi Dan, is there a way to clear the fonts that FusionPro server loaded.
I don't understand what you mean by "clear the fonts that FusionPro server loaded." You're not running FusionPro Server, you're running FusionPro VDP Creator on your Mac, right? If you really want to, you can remove both the fonts.ini file and the Fonts folder from "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro", then do a Load All Fonts again.
Quote:
I tried going on another computer and loading fonts from there, but all I see is the old fonts I loaded on my other computer, it looks like it's stuck.
I'm confused by this as well. Where exactly is that you "see the old fonts" from the other computer?

Actually, though, I think the fact that you have the same fonts on a different computer is part of the problem. Specifically, I think that the Assets.dat file that you uploaded to Marcom for this template is not the same one that was originally collected with the template. In fact, it actually looks like you uploaded a different Assets.dat since yesterday.

If I compose the job with the 27.3 MB Assets.dat file dated from December 8, which I grabbed from the Marcom server yesterday, then the output appears wrong, and matches the wrong output in the picture in your original post.

But if I compose the job with the 69.8 MB Assets.dat file dated from December 9, which I grabbed from the Marcom server today, then the output appears correctly.

However, neither of those Assets.dat files seem to match the DIF file uploaded with the job.

The bottom line is that you need to make sure that all of the files uploaded to MarcomCentral for this job come from the same Collect operation. If all those files are in sync, the output should be correct.
LinkedIn

Old December 9th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure how FusionPro works. All i know is that when I go on a different computer that doesn't have "Font A" and I choose to load all fonts from FusionPro "Font A" appears in the PTI folder. So I assume it's pulling the font from a server. I think the fonts on that server are corrupt, so I want to know how to delete everything on there so I can start fresh.

The reason why the assets.dat is different is because one is from my computer (27mb) and the other is from a PTI developer's computer. I can't figure out why my computer's assets.dat doesn't work. I need to figure out a fix on my computer though because as I develop more templates or tweak the ones developed by PTI I will recollect the job and upload it.