Go Back   PTI Marketing Technologies User Community > Support > Issues, Questions, Etc.

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:58 PM
Junior Community Member

Default Output: Graphic file missing (static background)

I have a problem with composing jobs since yesterday.
The problem is that as soon as I compose a job (existing or new) I get an error saying: Graphic file ./correctiesticker maatschoenfolder.pdf missing
The result is a pdf without the static background as if FusionPro can't find the very file itself from where I compose the job...???
This happend since yesterday and I can't figure out what has changes since then.
In the job itself no graphic file is used; even no rules etc. just a simple job.
It does however not happen if I copy the pdf-file to the desktop of my Mac computer and the composing the job instead of opening it from our workflow server...
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:47 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Default Re: Output: Graphic file missing (static background)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan55 View Post
This happend since yesterday and I can't figure out what has changes since then.
Maybe something was updated? What are your versions of FusionPro, macOS, and Acrobat?
Quote:
It does however not happen if I copy the pdf-file to the desktop of my Mac computer and the composing the job instead of opening it from our workflow server...
Can you say more about this "workflow server"? What kind of server is it? How do you connect to it? What is the path to it as shown in the Finder?
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@pti.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@PTI.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs. Please do not post proprietary font files to this forum.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old May 3rd, 2018, 11:35 PM
Junior Community Member

Hi Dan;
Thanks for your reply.
I work with OSX 10.12.6 FusionPro VDP Creator 10.0.16 and Acrobat Pro DC 2018.0009.20044
Our workflow server was an xserve (Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger - worked for 9 years without any problem) but has recently changed by IT-guys to another Unix server with Helios software on it. (Don't know which brand etc)
I connect with this server through afp://192.168.76.110/Var_Print and in the Finder it states exactly the same info about the volume.
Yesterday - I tried to connect to the same server through the smb protocol and then I noticed that my pdf-file was gone... But when I copied the same pdf file from my desktop to that particular folder I got the message that the file could not be copied there because the file was already there as an invisible file??? So I changed the name a bit and copied it again through the smb protocol. Then opened this file from the server again and voila - The composed file was o.k. But as soon as I changed the connection back to afp protocol I got the same error again on composing the job from the server file. So my guess is that FusionPro itself works under the hood with the smb protocol? Or can You figure out what the real problem could be? The guys from IT can't help me with this strange problem.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Old May 7th, 2018, 10:13 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hi Dan;
Thanks for your reply.
I work with OSX 10.12.6 FusionPro VDP Creator 10.0.16 and Acrobat Pro DC 2018.0009.20044
Our workflow server was an xserve (Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger - worked for 9 years without any problem) but has recently changed by IT-guys to another Unix server with Helios software on it. (Don't know which brand etc)
Okay, thanks. So something did change.
Quote:
I connect with this server through afp://192.168.76.110/Var_Print and in the Finder it states exactly the same info about the volume.
Yesterday - I tried to connect to the same server through the smb protocol and then I noticed that my pdf-file was gone... But when I copied the same pdf file from my desktop to that particular folder I got the message that the file could not be copied there because the file was already there as an invisible file??? So I changed the name a bit and copied it again through the smb protocol. Then opened this file from the server again and voila - The composed file was o.k. But as soon as I changed the connection back to afp protocol I got the same error again on composing the job from the server file.
If you have issues with the file in the Finder before you even get to FusionPro, then I'm not sure how it's a FusionPro issue. This all sounds like an issue with your network, or the file server, or the connection to it. It could be a permissions issue, but I have no way to know for sure.
Quote:
So my guess is that FusionPro itself works under the hood with the smb protocol?
No, FusionPro just uses POSIX file paths and talks to macOS via system APIs. Unlike Windows, where you have UNC paths, on Mac, you need to first connect to a server in the Finder, then you can access files via POSIX paths. When the Finder is connected to a server via SMB or AFP or some other protocol, it's up to macOS to present a POSIX path for applications to access files and folders there.

The path to your file on the server probably starts with "/Volumes/" and a share name. You need to figure out exactly what that path is when you're connected to the server. I would open up a Terminal window (from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and drag one of the files from the Finder to the Terminal, and it will show you the full path you need to use.
Quote:
Or can You figure out what the real problem could be? The guys from IT can't help me with this strange problem.
Groeten! But there's not much I can do to diagnose issues on your network.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@pti.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@PTI.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs. Please do not post proprietary font files to this forum.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old May 7th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Regular Contributor

Rename your PDF to all lower case.

I haven't tried all possible variables, but I know it happens when you connect to a netatalk or helios afp share, and the remote filesystem is case sensitive.
Old May 8th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Junior Community Member

We had the same issue when using a case-sensitive file system, and changing the template pdf name to all lowercase was the workaround.
FusionPro Desktop 10.0.16 - Acrobat 11.0.23 - OS X 10.11.6 Mac Pro
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Junior Community Member

Smile Re: Output: Graphic file missing (static background)

Thanks; This solution (lower-case filenames, even for FPImposer-files) also works for me as a workaround. I never expected something like this in 2018 software... In the meantime I am connected through the smb-protocol with this Helios-share and that works too for me. Not sure however if I can expect other problems now. Anyone having experience with this protocol on a Mac with FusionPro?

Tags
graphic file missing