Combining multiple records help

sschardan

We have a salesman who has eagerly accepted a job without first verifying its viability. This is for an insurance company that wants to mail a packet of employee address corrections to the HR departments of subscribed companies. They have provided a data list where say records 1-45 are names and addresses going to company a, records 46-52 are going to company b, etc. They want them to appear on the printout like this:

Name

Address

City, St Zip

The two lines represent the place for HR to fill in the address correction.

These addresses will need to flow into an 8.5 x 11 letter as many as will fit, then overflow to as many pages as necessary, but always winding up with an even number of pages so it does not mess up the duplexing when printed. Then a new flow would begin for the next company in the data.

I looked at http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=388 and I am able to recreate a list similar to this, but I have not been able to get it formatted like the client wants as shown above.

Is it possible to combine the compiling from external data file functionality with FP 6 template page? Also, how can I get the compiled packets to always be an even number of pages?

Thank you,

Scott Schardan

FP 6.0 Mac OS 10.4

Acrobat 9

These addresses will need to flow into an 8.5 x 11 letter as many as will fit, then overflow to as many pages as necessary, but always winding up with an even number of pages so it does not mess up the duplexing when printed. Then a new flow would begin for the next company in the data.

Please refer to the section titled "How to return multiple records in the same output file" in the FusionPro Rules System Guide.

I looked at http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=388 and I am able to recreate a list similar to this, but I have not been able to get it formatted like the client wants as shown above.

You should be able to use tagging with <br> tags for newlines and such.

Is it possible to combine the compiling from external data file functionality with FP 6 template page?

I'm not sure what you mean by "template page" here. If you're asking if you can use the ExternalDataFileEx object to aggregate multiple records in conjunction with overflow pages, then the answer is Yes, this is a fairly common usage.

Also, how can I get the compiled packets to always be an even number of pages?

From the Overflow Options dialog, set the value in the "Add Pages" drop-down list to "In Pairs." Please refer to the section titled "Text Flowed Over? Then Overflow the Text" in the FusionPro User Guide for more information on overflowing text to new pages.

Archived