Blank preview in FusionPro

rlinder

Hello,

I have a customer who created the attached VDP job in FusionPro 5.1 and when they preview the job in FusionPro, the preview is blank. When the zip is uploaded to the storefront, the image appears and the product previews the image properly during order placement. In FusionPro - Define HTML Form - From Current Data, there is a Preview Form button at the bottom. When he clicks that button, it brings him to a Customize Document html page, but when I try reproducing this on my workstation, the preview page opens and I can see all of the options selected. Are there any Acrobat or browser settings that could explain why it works on my system, but not on the customers?

Thanks in Advance,

Richard

I think there's some confusion here about the term "Preview". You seem to referencing three different units of functionality here:

1. The regular Preview functionality in FP Desktop, by clicking the Preview button on the Preview Record Selector palette.
  2. Preview in FP Web, which presents a JPEG snapshot of the output in the web browser.
  3. Web Collect preview in FP Desktop, from the Web DataCollect dialog (FusionPro -> Define HTML Form -> From Current Data -> Preview Form). Note that Web Collect may not be enabled, based on your license.

Which one of these is "blank" on the customer's machine?

I try reproducing this on my workstation, the preview page opens and I can see all of the options selected.

What precisely do you mean by this? What options are "selected" on your machine that are not selected on the customer's machine?

The third option is what's not previwing.
Okay, thanks, that's helpful. But I was hoping you would answer my other question as well:

What precisely do you mean by this? What options are "selected" on your machine that are not selected on the customer's machine?

Could you maybe post screenshots of what the customer is seeing and what you're seeing, so that I can get a more specific idea about what's different?

Also, and this is crucial, what versions of FusionPro are you and the customer using?

The customer and I are both running FusionPro Desktop version 5.1. While on the line with him, he stepped me through what he was doning and I went through the same steps on my workstation and I was able to preview the variable data fields and it showed which were mandatory or optional. On his side, he gets a different html page.

I tried posting a screen capture of the page that displays on the customers workstation, but it says that the attachment exceeds my quota by 56 kb, which is odd because I went in to manage my attachments and deleted all of them, but I still get the quota when uploading the 56 kb screen capture.

Richard

The customer and I are both running FusionPro Desktop version 5.1.

Okay. Are you both on the same operating system? What about the version of Acrobat? What browser are you using? It's a lot easier to answer a question like "Are there any Acrobat or browser settings," if you specify which versions of Acrobat and the browser you're talking about.

While on the line with him, he stepped me through what he was doning and I went through the same steps on my workstation and I was able to preview the variable data fields and it showed which were mandatory or optional. On his side, he gets a different html page.

Different how exactly?

I tried posting a screen capture of the page that displays on the customers workstation, but it says that the attachment exceeds my quota by 56 kb, which is odd because I went in to manage my attachments and deleted all of them, but I still get the quota when uploading the 56 kb screen capture.

Sorry about that. I'm a lot more familiar with the inner workings of FusionPro than this forum software. Go ahead and send me the screen caps via email and I'll try to get them posted.

Archived