Text Only Visible if...

Keithw1975

I am a novice user of FusionPRO, and pretty much use it to do basic variable data, nothing fancy. Now though I have a rush project that is requiring something more complex, and I can't figure out how to do it.

Imagine a dozen different pieces of art, all with 4 boxes, where I am supposed to enter the variable data information. Now one of them only has 3 boxes, one of which is in a new location on the sheet.

I am thinking that I need some way to tell it to only put data into the box "if" it calls for a the artwork with 3 boxes, and otherwise leave it blank, but I don't know.

Any advice?

P.S. If it wasn't clear, these are coupons, with 4 fields of information in each one.

Can you be a little more descriptive? Collecting your template with some sample data and posting it would probably get you an answer the quickest. Outside of that, a picture would at least help.

Imagine a dozen different pieces of art, all with 4 boxes, where I am supposed to enter the variable data information. Now one of them only has 3 boxes, one of which is in a new location on the sheet.

What do you mean 4 boxes? Four text frames? How are you populating those four (or three) text frames in the first place? OnRecordStart rule? Text rule? Could you post the rule? Do you have 12 different pages in your template (one for each variation of the art) or are you using a one-paged template with frames that need to accommodate each of the 12 scenarios?

What you're trying to achieve is probably possible but I have no idea how to start answering your question without more information from you.