OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 17 results

1. I have another question about the insert of a dash-sign (-) in a code of 7 characters. That is if there is a way to search for 4 digits or for letters in a row (could be any digits or letters) and when so to separate them in 2 parts of two with a dash in between. Examples of such codes to be changed: 12-ABCD changed into 12-AB-CD ABCD-12 changed into AB-CD-12 1234-AB changed into 12-34-AB AB-1234 changed into AB-12-34 Help will be much appreciated!
  2. How do I split a text-code like 2VBG45 or CF34HJ into 2-VBG-45 and CF-34-HJ What I want to achieve is insert a dash at the place where the text changes from letters to numbers and were it changes from numbers to letters. The by our customer delivered text-code is always 6 digits but the place/amount of numbers and letters are not always the same. So the total of numbers and letters is always 6 but the amount of letters and numbers in each code can be 2-4 3-3 and 4-2 so there ale always 2 dashes to insert. Any help will much be appreciated.
  3. Hello All, I found a post from Dan that got me 40-50% of the way to my goal, but I am struggling as I am a total Noob. I am working with a project that has up to 1200 different versions/ possible pages, front and back. Each page can have up to 50 variables, all in various locations. I am trying to make this as simple as possible, and found this code from a previous post which showed promise. data = new ExternalDataFileEx('/path/to/data.csv',','); for (var i=1; i<=data.recordCount; i++) { var frame = FindTextFrame(data.GetFieldValue(i, 'Frame')); var att = ['width','height','x','y']; for (var n in att) if (a = data.GetFieldValue(i, att[n])) frame[att[n]] = a; frame.content = RawTextFromTagged(CreateResource(data.GetFieldValue(i, 'content')).content); } Catch is that I am trying to use Formatted Text Resources, to make the fonts easier to manage, in the content location. All I can think to do is create a huge amount of Switch statements that control the FTR being matched to the Version codes I have and then calling that rule in the 'frame.content' part of this code. Sorry if I am losing anyone, this is not an easy task and has so many moving parts.
  4. Customers are using our new business card template (uploaded and configured on WebCRD) and in one of the fields (title), many of them are adding and ampersand '&' but it changes to "amp;" instead of just "&". I've read some threads about some scripts that people have been using, but this is just an open form field for us. I've also turned off the check box limiting FusionPro to MacRoman characters, but that didn't help either. Anyone else run into this before?
  5. Hi All! We have 60 formatted text resources in a business card template. The customer has decided they want to change everything to all caps now. We tried updating our rule to include case but it didn't work. if (Field("Location")=="La Praire") return '<allcaps>'+Resource("La Praire")+'</allcaps>' Is it possible to incorporate changing the case in our address rule that returns the resource or do we have to update every text resource? I appreciate any help. Traba
  6. I really didn't want to post this but after hours of searching I couldn't find a reason. I have two templates that use this code. One of the templates refuses to turn the text of the table white. I have: Made the made Variable in the Text Frame as White text I have edited my Table rule so both outcomes show as White I have edited the outcome for other variables other than "RED" and they work I have rewritten the code so not RED would be Black Tried seeing if it composed properly even if preview was bad (didn't work) However, no matter what I have done the code still shows black text on a dark colored background. Here is my code: var tbl = []; var myTable = new FPTable; myTable.AddColumns(3000, 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000); if (Field("RUN COLOR") == "RED") { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<2; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "White"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3,4); row.minHeight = 800; } } else { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<2; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "Black"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3,4); row.minHeight = 800; } } //Insert Data into Rows myTable.Rows[0].SetContents("<color name=\"White\">" + Field("BOX09"), Field("BOX07"), Field("BOX05"), Field("BOX03"), Field("BOX01")); //Row 1 myTable.Rows[1].SetContents(Field("BOX10"), Field("BOX08"), Field("BOX06"), Field("BOX04"), Field("BOX02")); //Row 2 BoxSet = myTable.MakeTags().replace(/^\<table/, "<table alignment=right"); return BoxSet; If it is helpful to know this code slightly varies from the other template that does work. Here is that code: var tbl = []; var myTable = new FPTable; myTable.AddColumns(3100, 3100, 3100, 3100); if (Field("RUN COLOR") == "RED") { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<3; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "White"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3); row.minHeight = 1200; } } else { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<3; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "Black"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3); row.minHeight = 1200; } } //Insert Data into Rows myTable.Rows[0].SetContents(Field("BOX10"), Field("BOX07"), Field("BOX04"), Field("BOX01")); //Row 1 myTable.Rows[1].SetContents(Field("BOX11"), Field("BOX08"), Field("BOX05"), Field("BOX02")); //Row 2 myTable.Rows[2].SetContents(Field("BOX12"), Field("BOX09"), Field("BOX06"), Field("BOX03")); //Row 3 BoxSet = myTable.MakeTags().replace(/^\<table/, "<table alignment=right"); return BoxSet; If someone could just guide me to what is causing this issue of being black all the time regardless of the Rules or what is set in the Text Frame, I would appreciate it. It may be possible I am just missing something small but it absolutely does not change to White if the background frame is Red.
  7. Good Morning! I have a business card layout that uses the Horizontal Scale option in In Design. It uses 75% Helvetica Light. Is there a way to use horizontal scaling in a Fusion Pro rule? All help will be much appreciated!
  8. How do I return a collapsed line when field is not filled out?
  9. I have a template that uses graphics as text to move the graphic based upon text. At the time it was built, I came out for help and was lucky to find it. I created a rule that looks like this if (Field("AE Name")=="Andy Shulman") return "<graphic file=AndySig2.pdf>"; The rule has an entry for each of our account executives. Right now, users have to select their names from a text-drop down field to populate the signature. Is it possible to use a profile attribute to do this, so it populates based upon the user account? We do this for other clients, but it is an image field in the template and an image profile attribute. Please help.
  10. Is there a way to have the text fill the text frame? For instance, I want the name "Jones" to scale and fill the width the same way the name "Johansson" would.
  11. Please help. I just ran into a new situation and do not know how to resolve. I'm creating a business card that has a foil stamp in the top left corner, then copy around it. The text box in In Design is shaped to the copy (not a square or rectangle). When I take it into FusionPro, the text block is a rectangle that flows on top of the foil. Is there a way to make the shape of the text box in FusionPro match In Design, so this does not happen?
  12. We have a client whose brand standards use TheSansBold-Plain, TheSans-Caps, The Sans-Plain and TheSans-Italic. They have to use TheSans-Caps for all numbers because the baseline shifts for numbers in all other versions of the font. I am working on their business card which has the following lines: Address 1 Address 2 Address 3 City State Zip Code Phone Fax Mobile Is there a rule that will look for numbers throughout the document and automatically change the font? Please help.
  13. I have a 12 page booklet that I run monthly. Every month the booklet content and addresses change, but the variable text field and formatting don't (the headers in my data file never change). Is there a way to copy a text frame from one document to another? I have been able to copy/paste a text frame on the same page, but haven't been able to copy/past onto a different page within the same document, or to a different document alltogether. Is this possible?
  14. I am building a FusionPro letter template for use on MarcommCentral. The body of the letter is variable, so I need to adjust the closing to move to the correct position under the last line of the body copy. Ex: Sincerely, Signature Graphic Bob Smith Account Executive I've done this on XMPie, EFI's DSF and PageDNA but haven't had to do this in FusionPro yet. Is it possible? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
  15. I am programming a product template with 10 products for one of my customers. This template has a section with features. All copy is left aligned and bullets must line up with heading. For the bullets, the customer uses bullet space first character of first word. I'm using formatted text and am having problems with the flow of the bullets. When the bullets wrap it is placing the first character of the 2nd line under the bullet rather than the first character of the first word on the line. I tried using tabs but could not get it to work. It was shifting all copy instead of lining up the copy. FusionPro Support suggested I use tagged text. I have never used tagged text before. I clicked the view source button on my formatted text, copied it and created a tagged text file. I inserted manual breaks where copy should break <br> and tried as well as \xa0 to try to get subsequent lines to move over. The first attempt broke the line correctly but still placed subsequent lines under the bullet. The second attempt added \xa0 in the copy and still placed subsequent lines under the bullet. I also checked with an internal resource that has used FusionPro for 8 years and the resource could not get it to work. Will someone please help me? Thanks so much!
  16. I want to start by saying thanks to all of you that helped me in the past. It's almost been a year, since I went to training & started using Javascript, FusionPro and Marcomm Central. I am in the process of building a storefront for one of ur client's sales force to order branded greeting cards for all occasions. The cards will include a personal message on the inside that the sales rep will compose as ordered in addition to their digital signature. In my other systems I have used in the past, XMPie, PageDNA, etc., I have been able to have the location of the graphic change based upon text that comes before it. Ex: Place signature graphic 1 or 2 lines below last copy line. Can you do this with FusionPro & JavaScript? If so, will you share the rule to do this? Thanks!
  17. Is it possible to screen tint variable text at a percentage of a spot color and be able to have it appear on the same separation after composition? For example, we have a 2-color business card that will be reproduced via offset or web press. The phone label is 60% PANTONE 362C and the phone number is 100% PANTONE 362C. After composition, the 60% spot text and 100% spot text become different separations. (Technically, turning our 2-color business card into a 3-color business card.) This isn't a problem with variable frame background colors, just the the text contained within. Surprised that we haven't run into this situation before. Thank you!