OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 11 results

1. I have tried several attempts, and cannot figure this out. I have text fields that I want to populate based on the image selected from the graphic gallery in DSF. _____ if (Field("image") == "thisimagename.pdf") //image is a graphic field in DSF return Resource("this text resource"); //return content in text frame ___ I cannot get this to work in DSF What image name is DSF looking for? Is DSF changing the image name? For example, in this text rule: GetFileName(Field("image")); DSF returns: 7c673657-c905-483e-857d-d79788325812.pdf in the store generated PDF.
  2. Please help! I'm stuck again. One of our clients has the ability to select up to 6 logos for the footer on a flyer. The logos need to be centered in the footer, so i can't have multiple image boxes. I need to place all images in 1 image box and have it center aligned. I keep getting This graphic rule must return a Resource type of graphic or no error and no logos populating. I've attached sample data. Thanks so much to anyone that can help! Traba SiteOne_flyer_v5.txt
  3. I have created a template for a 2-page blank postcard that will be a variable data product in EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF). The buyer will upload a 2-page PDF, with each page to be placed as a graphic in the product, and the buyer will view a preview before ordering. So I have created a revised FusionPro test product with: 1) a 2pg blank PDF 2) 1 Graphic frame on the front 3) the HTML field set to Graphic Upload 4) the simplest graphic rule to CreateResource from an uploaded file to that field 5) a resource file to be placed in the frame if the uploaded file cannot be found In a test order, uploading an image file yields "Upload Completed Successfully", but clicking Update Preview yields the error "An error occurred uploading the file. The uploaded file had a zero length." I have tried this about a dozen different ways, none of them have worked, and so I have just about come to the conclusion that this is broken in DSF. I submitted it to DSF Support, but was curious: Do any FusionPro/DSF users in this forum have this working? My collected zip file is here: Link Thanks.
  4. I have product that has an option for page size, orientation, and bleed. As of now, my product will suppress all pages that are not the size or orientation selected. However, when I compose my record, regardless of my selection for bleed, the "Bleed" and "NoBleed" graphic box appears. Each page has a two graphic fields on them [bleed, NoBleed]. Is the fact that there are multiple graphic frames with the same name an issue? I assume that it should suppress all graphic fields with this name. if (Field("Bleed") == "Yes"){ FindGraphicFrame("Bleed").suppress = false; FindGraphicFrame("NoBleed").suppress = true; } else { FindGraphicFrame("Bleed").suppress = true; FindGraphicFrame("NoBleed").suppress = false; } if (Field("Orientation")== "Portrait") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_L", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_L", false); if (Field("Size") == '11" x 17"' ) { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_P", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_P", true); } else if (Field("Size") == '8.5" x 11"' ) { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_P", true); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_P", false); } } else if (Field("Orientation")== "Landscape") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_P", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_P", false); if (Field("Size") == '11" x 17"' ) { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_L", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_L", true); } else if (Field("Size") == '8.5" x 11"' ) { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("small_L", true); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("large_L", false); } }
  5. I'm working on a business card. In one of the frames, I want to give the user the possibility to add a website, a facebook address and a twitter address. Everything is calculated in a rule that returns a string with all the needed information. I want to represent facebook and twitter by their graphic image by using an inline graphic. I would also like to keep the graphic and its text together if there is not anough space on a line, but I do not know how. I tried with an between the graphic image and the text, but this does not work (see attached image). I find back my image at the end of one line and the text on the next line Does someone has an idea how I could solve this? The text string that I return looks like <magnify type=text factor=90><f name="Myriad Pro"><z newsize="9"> <b>abc@a.com</b><br><z newsize="9">B-1047 Brussels - Tel. +32 2 11-12345 - Fax +32 2 11-98765<br> <z newsize="9"><b>www.website1.com - www.website2.com - <graphic file="E:\dsf_vdp_data\DAM\IMAGES\cc_fb.pdf"> MyFacebook - <graphic file="E:\dsf_vdp_data\DAM\IMAGES\cc_tw.pdf"> MyTwitter</b></magnify>
  6. Please help. I just ran into a new situation and do not know how to resolve. I'm creating a business card that has a foil stamp in the top left corner, then copy around it. The text box in In Design is shaped to the copy (not a square or rectangle). When I take it into FusionPro, the text block is a rectangle that flows on top of the foil. Is there a way to make the shape of the text box in FusionPro match In Design, so this does not happen?
  7. I need help writing a rule that I am sure is fairly easy, however I can't wrap my head around exactly how to write it. I have 1(one) graphic that I need to fluctuate 9 times in position on the page based on the database. I have 9 fields that all have different data in them per record. Sometimes all 9 fields for one record are populated, sometimes only 1 or 2 fields is populated. I would need the rule for my graphic position 1 to say: If field "field 1" and "field 2" and "Field 3", Etc... is blank return my graphic. Else return nothing at all. and the same thing for my graphic position 2, where the rule would say: If field "field 2" and "field 3" and "Field 4", Etc... is blank return my graphic. Else return nothing at all. Each subsequent graphic rule would be one less field to consider because in theory that one will be populated. Everything I have tried resulted in my graphic showing up in all the positions even though I excluded one field for each subsequent rule I wrote. I have included an example of what I am trying to achieve. See how the bottom text (Which I made a graphic-due to font issues) moves with the variable text-that I blurred out for security purposes. for PTI Example.pdf
  8. I am building a FusionPro letter template for use on MarcommCentral. The body of the letter is variable, so I need to adjust the closing to move to the correct position under the last line of the body copy. Ex: Sincerely, Signature Graphic Bob Smith Account Executive I've done this on XMPie, EFI's DSF and PageDNA but haven't had to do this in FusionPro yet. Is it possible? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
  9. I want to start by saying thanks to all of you that helped me in the past. It's almost been a year, since I went to training & started using Javascript, FusionPro and Marcomm Central. I am in the process of building a storefront for one of ur client's sales force to order branded greeting cards for all occasions. The cards will include a personal message on the inside that the sales rep will compose as ordered in addition to their digital signature. In my other systems I have used in the past, XMPie, PageDNA, etc., I have been able to have the location of the graphic change based upon text that comes before it. Ex: Place signature graphic 1 or 2 lines below last copy line. Can you do this with FusionPro & JavaScript? If so, will you share the rule to do this? Thanks!
  10. Is there a way to build a rule that will flip a user uploaded graphic 180 degrees. In this particular case the user will be uploading two images. I wish to have one upside down, and the other as is. So I do not want to rotate all uploaded images, just one in particular image from one field. Thank you!
  11. I have an array rule that produces inline images based on an external data file. I need to be able to proportionally scale the inline images to height="900" Where and how within this rule do I control the size of the inline images? //inline text if (FusionPro.inValidation) Rule("OnJobStart"); var safety1 =""; var safety2 = ""; var safety3 = ""; var safety4 = ""; var safety5 = ""; var safety6 = ""; var icon1 = ""; var icon2 = ""; var icon3 = ""; var BootnameText = Trim(ReplaceSubstring(GetFileName(Field("PartNo")), ".pdf", "")); var i = XDF.FindRecord(0, BootnameText); { if (i>0 && BootnameText != "") { safety1 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 4); safety2 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 5); safety3 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 6); safety4 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 7); safety5 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 8); safety6 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 9); icon1 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 14); icon2 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 15); icon3 = XDF.GetFieldValue(i, 16); } } var counter = 0; var fullString = ""; var usedFilled = 0; CountArray = [safety1, safety2, safety3, safety4, safety5, safety6, icon1, icon2, icon3]; newTableArray = []; for (i = 0 ; i < CountArray.length ; i++) { if (CountArray != "") { counter++; var Pic = Resource(CountArray, "graphic", "true").content ; //height="900" newTableArray[usedFilled++] = Pic + " " } } { for (j = 0 ; j < newTableArray.length ; j++) { fullString += newTableArray[j] } return fullString}}