Formatting the Return

Velotypo

Hi all, I am new to FusionPro and have a kind of complex project. I have several requirements that need to be met and I hope someone can help me with the JavaScript.

In the database are several key fields that I am using and several that are not used at all. Key fields are Dept, Description, Size, and several pricing columns, I need to run a variable job dropping the Description and Size in and then the price with the proper formatting which changes based on what the price is, i.e. 1.99 formats differently then 2/5.00 etc. (as an example the 1.99 would be just the price no $ sign, all the same size, versus the 2/5.00 would be 2/$5 with the 2 and $ superscripted.) I think there is a total of 8 pricing styles that format differently. There is a total of 22 diff pricing columns in the database. I plan on running each column as a separate job.

Another thing is if there is a Description and Size but NO price then I need to skip that record.

One last complexity is based on the Dept field. Depending on which department the product is for each record will get 0, 1 or 2 - 11x7 signs and 0, 1 or 2 - 5.5x3.5 signs.

I am attaching a tab delimited txt file and a pdf showing a couple of pricing samples.

Yea I know this has gotten very crazy, any help would be much appreciated!!!

WeeklyAd SALE-SamplePages.pdf

a.e. 10_18 Weekly Ad SALE Signs-sample.txt

Edited by Velotypo

Hi Velo,

I would start with creating a 5.5 x 3.5 template and insert pages as needed depending on the formatting requirements. Attached is a project that you can view which has different formatting requirements. It is not the best written for FP but it works and should give you an idea.

On your data I couldn't figure out what you had for delimiter.

Leo

M_EDLP_FP.zip