Duplicate text frame

alanford

Without more information, it's hard to give a best solution. One option is to have a template with a main page and an overflow page. You would bring in the 300-page PDF as a graphic with the variable frame on both (2) template pages, reusing the 2nd overflow page 299 times for each of your PDF pages. But without knowing what you are trying to accomplish, it's hard to tell if this is a viable option.

Attached please find a sample. This file are 2 copies with ONLY 10 pages each but the original file has 289 pages. The names that you see "Abruzzese Carmine" and "Colombo Laura" are the first two records of 45. So, finally I need to have a document (289 pages) with the first record on ALL pages, another document (289 pages) with the second record on ALL pages, etc,etc. Thanks.

sample10pages2copies.pdf

This thread covers what you should try to set up. You will only need a 2-page template, but the second page will be repeated to accommodate all the pages in your PDF which will be a resource for the FP template. This way you will only need to place your variable "name" on two FP pages and it will be automatically repeated for all the pages in your static PDF.

I have worked around your suggestion and now I'm able to have an output like my request (I'm sorry for the previous replay). The only problem is the size of the output document, because my PDF is 148x210mm while your sample works with the Letter size and when I try to reduce it I have a "compile" fails with an "irregular truncated" error. I work by the "Text Frame" window to reduce the template, is it correct? Thanks again.

Archived