creating .cfg file for legacy impo

Nicola

When I collect the files for a legacy imposition to upload to the PrintOne Manager Fusion Pro will NOT create the .cfg file??

It will however create the .cfg file when I collect for a product template.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nicola

I was under the impression that the .cfg and .msg files were not required. For a long time we would delete these files (along with the .def and .dif files) once the job was printed. For a reprint, we were still able to recompose without those files being present.

Recently I have been leaving them since they are re-created each time I compose a job anyway. If you don't have them, but want them, I would think you could just re-compose a few records to regenerate them.

Nicola,

The .CFG should be generated every time you collect. I tried several scenarios to try and NOT get it to be generated and I could not make it happen.

To try and help you resolve this issue; can you outline what steps differ from your template setup, compose and collect, from your Legacy Impo setup, compose and collect?

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason you have to use the Legacy versus using the .FPI imposition?

In addition, I want to make sure you get the correct information about what files we need. As indicated on the upload page for Legacy Impositions, you need to upload "the following required files: *.PDF, *.DEF, *.DIF, *.CFG." The only files that we really don't need (but still want you to include) are you original data source and the .MSG (which used to be .LOG for older versions of FPD).

Let me know

Archived