Page Usage and Overflow Pages

MHardee

I am trying to set up a workflow for our mailings. Basically, Within my data I have a field that signifies when a tray break occurs.

Pages in FusionPro PDF are FRONT (BodyPage - on) & TRAY_BRK (set to unused)..

When the condition is true ( it has data in the field), I want to turn on "TRAY_BRK" that will print data from record 1, AND print the balance (as well as the same fields used on TRAY_BRK) on the Page Labeled "FRONT"

if (Field("Break Mark") == "##")
{
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("TRAY_BRK",true);
}
else
return "";

When I compose the data I am receiving the error " The number of pages in this record does not match the imposition signature: 1 blank pages will be added. A body page does not have master page assigned."

This is basically just to add tray seperator sheets to the print stream to make it easier for the folders/mailsorters to see when a new tray should be started..

Any idea of where I have gone wrong?

Edit: The logic works fine UNTIL you add the imposition into the picture... Outputting single, non-inposed files yields the tray break pages I seek.. Now I am more confused...

• 2 weeks later...

MHardee,

I would like to do something similar. Basically right now we create a postcard in FusionPro. We imposition this for 4up, cut and stack on our Kodak M700 front end software. My supervisor would like to know if it is possible to assign a slip sheet between trays. They want a full slip sheet in between each tray so they can cut each tray seperately when traying the mail. This however would require each tray to be stack sorted individually. How does anyone else handle this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MHardee,

I would like to do something similar. Basically right now we create a postcard in FusionPro. We imposition this for 4up, cut and stack on our Kodak M700 front end software. My supervisor would like to know if it is possible to assign a slip sheet between trays. They want a full slip sheet in between each tray so they can cut each tray seperately when traying the mail. This however would require each tray to be stack sorted individually. How does anyone else handle this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this working in FusionPro AS LONG AS I don't use the imposition module.. If I use, Preps for example to impose, I can do it.. BUT, this disallows outputting PPML, VDX, or any other Variable format.. I get files from a client that does it, so, I know it can be done.. I do think, however, he is using server..

I can dig up the 1up logic if you think it'll help..

Mark

Archived