OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 21 results

1. I'd come across this issue a couple of times after installing FusionPro, and it caused me a good bit of trouble until I understood the problem. Here is my problem: (screengrab) http://i41.tinypic.com/epp5hw.jpg Now, inside the text edit dialog box the fonts would look fine. The IM barcode font looked the way it should, and the Helvetica address text looked the way it should. If I composed the file, the fonts would look fine in the print version. ONLY when using FusionPro's preview function did the fonts look wrong. After a quick call to Tech Support, they diagnosed the issue: I was not "Using Local Fonts." The solution, screengrabs for Mac Acrobat 7 and 8 users: http://i39.tinypic.com/3509jxv.jpg That's an easy solution for Acrobat 7 - Just go to the Menu item Advanced --> Use Local Fonts (CMD-Shift-Y), in Acrbat 8, it's in the preferences, under Page Display, there is a checkbox for "Use Local Fonts." So, it was not some odd issue with FusionPro and Suitcase or FontExplorer, it was just a simple setting within Acrobat. Posting here just in case someone else was going crazy trying to fix this like I was.
  2. All, I need help. I have a customer that can add up to 2 phone numbers on a business card. The field tags vary. They need to bold the two phone tag fields and change the color for the divider between the 2 numbers if both are used. I have Treat as Tagged Text selected. I have tried both <b></b> and <f name=""></f> My rule current rule is if (Field("Phone 1") != "" && Field("Phone 2") != "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 1 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone")+' '+<color name="c0m36y100k8">|</color>+' '+<f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 2 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone2"); else if (Field("Phone 1") != "" && Field("Phone 2") == "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 1 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone"); else if (Field("Phone 1") == "" && Field("Phone 2") != "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 2 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone2"); else if (Field("Phone 1") == "" && Field("Phone 2") == "") return ""; When I check fonts used under advanced, I see Gotham Book and Gotham Bold I also see this in the text frame. The color name for the color I want to use is c0m36y100k8. I see this in both the text frame color drop down as well as colors under advanced. My phone format rules are formatting the numbers as (000) 000-0000. I'm not getting any errors on compose, but it is returning the following: Field("Phone 1 Tag") (404) 213-8360 | Field("Phone 2 Tag") (404) 941-2631 The whole line is black and there is no bold. I appreciate any of the help I can get. Thanks, Traba
  3. Hi there, I am using Helvetica LT Std Italic with some fields and just the apostrophe is coming out straight instead of italic. I can type with that font in all italics just fine in other programs. I've tried composing with the Limit processing to Latin-1 text checked and un-checked. I've also tried reloading the font. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Mike
  4. Does fusion pro handle the advanced contextual functions in an Open Type Font? I suspect if it does there is something I have to turn on. There are character substitutions that would work well in hand written fonts. I have an alternate way of handling it now, but these functions would work better. We are developing super realistic hand fonts. I've attached a sample of one. Yes, they don't look perfect, but who writes perfect. xmas.pdf
  5. I've been working on a span statement & it works well. I need to change the color to a pantone (Pantone 638 CMYK) & I'm having an issue doing so. if (Field("Certification 1") == ""){ return ""; }else{ return "<span font=Wingdings>n</span>" + Field("Certification 1"); } I'm new to spans & have limited experience with them. I've tried adding 'font color = Pantone 638 CMYK' inside of the span but then the rule no longer works. Maybe I am just going about it all wrong? Thanks
  6. Good Morning! I have a business card layout that uses the Horizontal Scale option in In Design. It uses 75% Helvetica Light. Is there a way to use horizontal scaling in a Fusion Pro rule? All help will be much appreciated!
  7. I’m attempting to format the email address for a business card template and am stuck. The database has an email address with First.Last. My current rule is if (Field("Individual Email") != "") return Field("Individual Email")+"@MyDomain.com" else return "" I need assistance with the following: 1. Changing the . in the field & @MyDomain.com.com to Gotham Medium, 4.5pt with 5.4 pt leading 2. Change the @ symbol to Gotham Medium, 7pt with 8.4 pt leading Any help with this will be much appreciated.
  8. I currently have 3 rules to change the numbers in the specific field to a different font. These rules work. RuleAddressFont return Field("Address").replace(/(\d+)/g,'<f name="Gotham Medium">$1</f>'); RuleFaxFont return Rule("RuleFaxFormat").replace(/(\d+)/g,'<f name="Gotham Medium">$1</f>'); RulePhoneFont return Rule("RulePhoneFormat").replace(/(\d+)/g,'<f name="Gotham Medium">$1</f>'); I need assistance with the following: 1. Including change in font size & leading for the numbers: Font size with Gotham Medium should be 7pt with 8.4pt leading 2. Including ( ) and - characters in the phone & fax rules If someone can use the phone or fax rule above to show me how to do this, I can then apply it to the others. All help will be much appreciated.
  9. Please help. I'm programming a business card template and the customer uses 2 colors for the name. First Letter is PANTONE 2717 C and all other letters are Pantone 659 C. Will someone help me write a javascript rule for this? Thanks!
  10. Since my update to 9.3.21, all of my fonts in VDP Creator are displaying and composing as Arial. The status of each is "OK", so I'm not sure why they aren't working. The update to 9.3.21 went through the process of loading fonts, and I have done so manually as well. I've rebooted, reinstalled a font, and attempted to load fonts again, but still to no avail. I've looked for comments related to font issues post the Sept 11 release of 9.3.21, but I have't seen anyone else having this same problem. Could someone please direct me to a resolution? Thanks
  11. I have a few products that where the outputted PDF gets sent to a vendor for production. The vendor requires that all type be converted to outlines, does anyone know if there is a way to convert the variable text generated by FusionPro to outlines?
  12. S_Black

Font not loading

I have a project that is calling for a particular font, and though I've loaded them, the Bold font does not display. The font referenced is "Whitney". I have deleted the font family from my PC, reinstalled them, restarted Acrobat, and I am still not able to view the font. Here is what the log message displays when composing: I have seen on another post that I may need to send my font to an ftp for analysis, but it's strange that the standard version of the font loads, but not the bold. Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.
  13. I have a document with a variable text frame that pulls strings like this from a csv file: 0 2089831369 15CHKMAARCTDP 3 E902B0 K5MPS 000B3 0 I have the font set to OCR A Std per our clients specifications. For some reason, the spaces do not have the same spacing as the other characters. The section with 4 spaces in a row seems to be condensed in FusionPro. When I print this string directly from Excel or Word, the spacing is exactly as it should be. The text is no set to "adjust to fit", and I don't have any kerning or tracking adjustments in place. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the space character is not the same width as the alpha and numeric characters using this monospace font?
  14. I have a rule that grabs data to show a list of commodities and the dollar figure of sales return Field("Export1") + "<t>" + Export1MB + "<p>" + Field("Export2") + "<t>" + Export2MB + "<p>" + Field("Export3") + "<t>" + Export3MB + "<p>" + Field("Export4") + "<t>" + Export4MB + "<p>" + Field("Export5") + "<t>" + Export5MB + "<p>" + Field("Export6") + "<t>" + Export6MB + "<p>" + Field("Export7") + "<t>" + Export7MB + "<p>" + Field("Export8") + "<t>" + Export8MB + "<p>" + Field("Export9") + "<t>" + Export9MB + "<p>" + Field("Export10") + "<t>" + Export10MB + "<p>" + Field("Export11") + "<t>" + Export11MB + "<p>" + Field("Export12") + "<t>" + Export12MB + "<p>" + Field("Export13") + "<t>" + Export13MB; and I have a tab style for the tab to right align with a dot leader. When the text is displayed, the right alignment is all over the place. I haven't had this problem before. What's happening?
  15. Result expected: The text output to be rendered as "Avenir Next Demi Bold" Actual result: The text output is rendered as "Avenir Next Demi Bold Italic" (after composing and opening the output file in Adobe Illustrator) Relevant code from the rule: return '<f name="Avenir Next Demi Bold">' + Field("Phone4Header") + ' ' + '</f>';Information about the rule: The output of the rule is specified to be treated as tagged text The font shows in my font.ini as: Avenir Next Demi Bold There is no mention in font.err. I have also tried setting the text frame to use Avenir, and click the bold icon but that doesn't work either. Edit: It's not a PostScript font, so maybe that's the issue.
  16. Is there a way to use a screened value of a color in text? For frames there is a fillColorPercent. Is there a way to do this with text? I currently have my site building dynamic colors using the cmyk hex values and passing it in the formatting as a color tag. I plan on converting the system to use the new FusionProColor function to define the name, the values, and isSpot. I am working with spot colors and I need to be able to create the spot and use various screens of the color in different text flows for two color print.
  17. We have a client whose brand standards use TheSansBold-Plain, TheSans-Caps, The Sans-Plain and TheSans-Italic. They have to use TheSans-Caps for all numbers because the baseline shifts for numbers in all other versions of the font. I am working on their business card which has the following lines: Address 1 Address 2 Address 3 City State Zip Code Phone Fax Mobile Is there a rule that will look for numbers throughout the document and automatically change the font? Please help.
  18. I have a letterhead I need the address info to be on the top right corner, but aligned left, where the end of the furthest right letter of the Address and/or Address2 lines up with the 8" mark. To compensate for this, I have set a rule that calculates how many spaces it needs to use as padding to before each line. (Feel free to point out a better way.) The below code keeps erroring out on line 52: Error: execution limit exceeded. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Any ideas? var frameWidth = 2; // set width of the text box (in inches) // Use TextMeasure to get the length of each company name var space = new FusionProTextMeasure; space.pointSize = "8 pt"; // set the type size space.font = "HelveticaNeue Condensed"; // set your typeface space.CalculateTextExtent(" "); space.useTags = false; var spaceWidth = space.textWidth; // Use TextMeasure to get the length of each company name var address1 = new FusionProTextMeasure; address1.pointSize = "8 pt"; // set the type size address1.font = "HelveticaNeue Condensed"; // set your typeface address1.CalculateTextExtent(Field("Address")); address1.useTags = false; var addressWidth = address1.textWidth; // Use TextMeasure to get the length of each company name var address2 = new FusionProTextMeasure; address2.pointSize = "8 pt"; // set the type size address2.font = "HelveticaNeue Condensed"; // set your typeface address2.CalculateTextExtent(Field("Address2")); address2.useTags = false; var address2Width = address2.textWidth; // Use TextMeasure to get the length of each company name var gap = new FusionProTextMeasure; gap.pointSize = "8 pt"; // set the type size gap.font = "HelveticaNeue Condensed"; // set your typeface gap.CalculateTextExtent(" • "); gap.useTags = false; var gapWidth = gap.textWidth; var i=1 var success = false while (success == false) { if (Field("Address2") != "") //if there is an address2 { if((spaceWidth*i) + addressWidth + gapWidth + address2Width >= frameWidth*7200) //if there is an address 2 and the width is greater or equal to frameWidth { success= true; //then stop looking } else i= i+1; // if there is an address 2 and the width is less than frameWidth }; if ((spaceWidth*i) + addressWidth >= frameWidth*7200) //if there is no address 2 and the width is greater than frameWidth { success= true; //then stop looking } else i= i+1; // if there is no address 2 and the width is less than frameWidth #### ERRORS OUT ON THIS LINE #### }; var result = Array(i).join('space'); return result;
  19. I've been using Marcomm Central & Fusion Pro since Feb, so I am still fairly new at javascript. I am setting up a new business card template for Marcomm Central using FusionPro and need help. This client uses one font for text and one font for numbers. This means the number font needs to be used for phone & mobile numbers as well as the zip code & numbers in the address 1 & address 2 fields. FusionPro makes it very easy to assign a font to a field, so I can easily assign the font to the phone & mobile numbers as well as the zip code field. I'm having problems with address1 & address2 fields. Is there javascript or a setting that will look for numbers in a field and use a font? Please help.
  20. Hello, I have had a template for a business card up for some time which uses Zapf Dingbats to display square bullets in line with versionable text. Previously, this would not work in enhanced view but displayed fine in basic viewer. It has been brought to my attention that the bullets no longer display in the basic viewer. I have tried a few different versions of Zapf Dingbats but none will display. I also tried webdings to receive the same result. When I had contacted support before they had told me they don't support it but it would work in the basic viewer. With that option gone, I need a new way to display them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, Meir
  21. Using FP v7. I have a line as follows on a business card: Email: jsmith@mail.com http://www.mail.com I need the label "Email:" to dissappear if there is no email entered. I know how to do it if the label and the following text are the same font weight/type/etc, but in this case, the label is a different font from the text that follows. Any tips on how I can do this? I couldn't find anything in the javascript code that would solve this