OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 4 results

1. I am trying to ensure that no matter the amount variable tagged text elements we have, that we can search the output for missing variables from the data. I know I would have to do something along the lines of the following JS for each variable we use, but I am hoping I can do this in the OnRecordStart rule and it will work in the individual text rules that already exist outside of the ORS. var greetingText = '<span color="' + Greet_color + '" font="' + Greet_font + '" pointsize="' + Greet_size + '">'; //Inserting Empty Field! when data is absent if (Field("Greeting") == "") greetingText += "Empty Field!" + '</span>'; else greetingText += Field("Salutation") + " " + Trim(Field("Greeting")) + Field("Punctuation") + '</span>';
  2. I have a rule that looks at 2 fields to determine what to return. I'm getting a Javascript syntax error message on the following rule and for the life of me, I do not see it. if ((Rule("RuleEmailFirstName") != "") && Rule("RuleEmailLastName") != "")) return Rule("RuleEmailFirstName") + "." + Rule("RuleEmailLastName") + "@" + Field("Email Domain"); else if ((Rule("RuleEmailFirstName") != "") && (Rule("RuleEmailLastName") == "")) return Rule("RuleEmailFirstName") + "@" + Field("Email Domain"); else if ((Rule("RuleEmailFirstName") == "") && (Rule("RuleEmailLastName") != "")) return Rule("RuleEmailLastName") + "@" + Field("Email Domain"); else return ""; Will someone please help me and point out what I'm doing wrong?
  3. I've been using 2 different versions of Fusion Pro VDP Designer on 2 different Macs, and getting different Composition reporting results. I've attached a screenshot to help show this. With the same project (the Presidio Postcard tutorial actually), using version 9.2.31, I correctly get a Composition error that tells me the "Value for variable Season not found in instance data". This is because the source data doesn't include for the month information, so this makes sense. This is seen on the right screenshot with the attached file. But, using the latest version (9.3.6) on Yosemite, I don't get that error message even though it fails as well. The error message from the older version is actually quite helpful in troubleshooting, so why is it missing from the latest version of the software? You can see this in the left screenshot. Is this a bug?
  4. Hi again... Trying to activate pages on demand, but the callback rule (OnJobStart) gives me an error message when composing: OnJobStart, line 1: Error: In Field(), no data source defined or data could not be loaded The data source is defined, as the composition itself works, it's just that the pages I want to activate/deactivate don't quite work as expected. Here's my callback rule: I essentially have two fields that drive my page count: "Style" (could be one of three options, the code above is for the first option only), and "PageCount" (could be one of 6 options, "8", "16", "24", etc). My goal is to have the double condition activate pages 1-6 on demand, but I get that error message whenever I try to compose, and all pages come out in my composition. Any suggestions..? Thanks!