OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 13 results

1. Greetings all, We are stumped on a copyfit issue, and would appreciate any help you may be able to give. Here is the rule and the issue below. thanks so much in advance for any help!!!! OnCopyfit Rule: Rule("OnCopyfit") if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "Event"); MagnifyAttributes("Event", 0, 400, 6, 0); if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "Special Message"); MagnifyAttributes("Special Message", 25, 400, 6, 72); ReportWarning("Could not copyfit text in flow " + FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name); In the Text frame “Event” under paragraph formatting, I have the box for “Do not break on copyfit” checked and under Overflow Options I have Adjust text to fit checked along with Allow text to expand to fill. So ideally, I would like whatever the customer types in to the box to fill the box and stay on one line However, right now it is breaking into two lines and discarding the text that doesn’t fit. screen shot attached
  2. Hi all, As the title indicates, I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the CopyfitLine code in such a way that the line will not break to multiple lines before trying to copyfit. I currently have the javascript below: return CopyfitLine("", Field("contactName"), "Helvetica Neue", 9.5, 105.35, 7, false); However, because I have plenty of room in my text box for the line to break, and because there's a space in the field value ("Firstname Lastname"), it's breaking at the space before it attempts to copyfit. I have "Do Not Break On Copyfit" selected in my text box, but I am guessing that only works on the normal OnCopyfit rule, and not on CopyfitLine. Is there a javascript function (or other solution) I can use to ensure the line does not break at the space? I should mention, using a non-breaking space isn't a great solution for us, as more often than not, FusionPro will spit out boxes with Xs in them in composition whenever a non-breaking space is used (but that's a different issue altogether). Any help is appreciated!
  3. I'm having an issue & I'm not sure how to go about it. I have a variable frame in which the address, city, state, & zip are on the same line (separated by a | between address & city). The customer has requested that if the zip falls onto the next line due to the length of the address, that the city & state also need to drop. Is this a case for copyfit? I'm a little lost on how to proceed.
  4. I have a business card with two text boxes: TextBoxLeft and TextBoxRight. TextBoxLeft contains the following fields/rules: - Name - Title 1 - Title 2 - Title 3 - Email Address TextBoxRight contains the following fields/rules: - Address Line 1 - Address Line 2 - City, State Zip Code - Phone Number - Fax Number - Website Regarding TextBoxLeft ... sometimes the titles are so long that the Email Address gets truncated (even with CopyFit). So I want to write a rule that does this: - If all of the text in TextBoxLeft does not fit Move the Email Address field to TextBoxRight - Otherwise, Email Address remains in TextBoxLeft
  5. I have a right justified Email, and I need to align the Cellphone line to the left most extents of the Email line. I have a formatting issue I've been trying to tackle, however the FusionProTextMeasure seems to be limited by a defined point size, so when copyfit takes over the measurement is no longer accurate. I'm not sure if this is even the best way to approach this as I'm quite new to FusionPro. This approach calculates the size of both lines, subtracts them to get the difference and tosses that into a rindent tag format for the cellphone line. var rightIndentSize = function () { // Default Pt Size var ptSize = "6 pt"; // Email Size var emailString = "email: " + Rule("Email_Format"); var emailTM = new FusionProTextMeasure; emailTM.pointSize = ptSize; emailTM.font = "Helvetica"; emailTM.useTags = false; emailTM.CalculateTextExtent(emailString); // Cellphone Size var cellString = "cell: " + Rule("Cellphone_Format"); var cellTM = new FusionProTextMeasure; cellTM.pointSize = ptSize; cellTM.font = "Helvetica"; cellTM.useTags = false; cellTM.CalculateTextExtent(cellString); // Calculate difference in size var tmWidth = (emailTM.textWidth - cellTM.textWidth); return tmWidth; } return "<p rindent=" + rightIndentSize() + ">" + "cell: " + Rule("Cellphone_Format") + "</p>"; I'd like to have this work with copyfit as some of the emails are bound to get quite long. Also it would be nice if the rules weren't hard coded for font sizes, might make the rules a little more versatile. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Evan Archive.zip
  6. I'm making a business card that has 3 lines that need to copyfit. I'm using the CopyFitLine function and it works fine, however I need to have the tracking set to 3% for these lines. However it seems like CopyFitLine doesn't take the tracking into account when it calculates the font size. Does anybody know how to accomplish this?
  7. I need to copyfit a line first by horizontally scaling it If it exceeds max scaling amount, then I need to reduce the font size. Copy needs to fit onto one line. There would be several lines of text in the frame, the copyfitting can only apply to specifc lines of text. So far, I've come up with this, but it does not work. It only horiz scales. var thirdname = ToUpper(Field("Available third line")) //apply horiz scaling to font at 2100. var thirdnameWidth = CopyfitLineWithMagnifyTag('<f name="Pluto Bold">' + '<z newsize=221>' +thirdname, 2100); //calculate the horizwidth of thirdnamewidth TM = new FusionProTextMeasure; TM.CalculateTextExtent(thirdnameWidth); //if width is greater than 2100, return horizscaled type and reduce font size to fit frame width of 1400 if (TM.textWidth > 2100) return CopyfitLineBasic(thirdnameWidth, "Pluto Bold", 221, 1400, 50, "fontSize"); else return thirdnameWidth;
  8. So I have a business card where the address and other info all share one box. They display like this: «Address»«Address2_rule» «City», «State» «Zip» «Country» «Gap_rule» «Phone1_Label_Rule» «Phone1_Format_Rule» «Phone2_Label_Rule» «Phone2_Format_Rule» «Phone3_Label_Rule» «Phone3_Format_Rule» «Phone4_Label_Rule» «Phone4_Format_Rule» Email: «Email»@epam.com «Other_Label_Rule»«Other» The text box is set to "Adjust text to fit" The phone lines are set to "Do not break on copyfit" Address2 is not involved in any rules for any Phone label or number. When there is no Address 2, my output displays like this: """ 123 Anystreet Citytown, PA, 12356 USA Main: +1(123) 456-7890 ext.12345 Fax: +1(123) 098-7654 Cell: +1(123) 102-9837 Email: JSnow@company.com """ When there is an Address 2, my output displays like this: """ 123 Anystreet Suite 303 Citytown, PA, 12356 USA Main: +1(123) 456-7890 ext.12345 Fax: +1(123) 098-7654 Cell: +1(123) 102-9837 """ When there is no Address2, but an extra line for Phone4, the extension is still on the same line. I need help understand what is going on here. I cannot comprehend why the extension would drop a line only when address2 is present. This is also causing my email to no longer fit in the text box. Attached is my collected files. 84150_Epam_BC_Mar-11-2014_07-40-39.zip
  9. I have two FusionPRo files, where everything is identical except for the document size and background image. The main text flows over two boxes and is adjusted to fit. But the text breaks differently in the two documents, even though the layout is identical. I used FusionPro --> Advanced --> Import to duplicate the styles, layout and colors from the first file to the second. There should be no reason for the text to break inconsistently from one file to the other. What am I doing wrong?
  10. I am working on a business card that has very specific design specifications. One of the specifications is if the email cannot fit on one line, to drop the @... to the next line. short@client.com would fit on one line but reallyreallyreallyreallylong@client.com would display as reallyreallyreallyreallylong @client.com Is there a way to set where the line breaks? In this case, set it to break before the @ symbol. Thank you.
  11. I am trying to switch which frame contains copy, based on a copyfit. If copy fits in Frame A ("textblock"), then Frame B ("textblocklong") is suppressed. If copy does not fit in Frame A, then Frame A is suppressed and Frame B is used. Copy will always fit in Frame B. I cannot figure out to get this rule to put copy into Frame B("textblocklong") only when FrameA !Copyfit It does manage to suppress frame B when copyfits It does manage to suppress frame A when !copy does not fit It does not manage to put content into Frame B when !copy does not fit This novice needs some help with this rule. if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "textblock") { if (!Copyfit(new MagnifyAttributes("text", 100, 100, 0, 0))) FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.content = ""; }else{ (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "textblocklong") FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.content = ""; } }
  12. Is there a way to "protect" a particular field from copyfitting? Or to set a maximum point size for one variable text field that overrides the copyfit settings? I have a text frame with two lines. The first line is at 10 pt and the second line is at 5. I have the copyfit rule set to go no smaller than 8pt, so this means whenever copyfitting is applied the 5pt line is increased to 8pts. This is bad. What I really need is a way to allow normal copyfitting to everything else in the document, but NOT to the 5pt line. That I want to stay exactly the same, no smaller, no larger. Is this possible?
  13. When the user inputs copy, copyfit reduces typesize to accomodate the space available in the frame, but the final typesize cannot be less than 12 point. When the user inputs more copy than space available, and the type has already reduced to a minimum 12 pt size, I need to display a warning. I cannot get the warning to display when the text exceeds the space available in the frame. if (!Copyfit(new MagnifyAttributes("text", 25, 400, 12, 72))) { if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "contentcopyfit") { FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.content = '<para style="(no style)"><f name="Arial Bold"><z newsize="14.0"><color name="Pantone 202 C">' + "YOU HAVE ENTERED TOO MUCH INFORMATION." } } else if (Copyfit(new MagnifyAttributes("text", 25, 400, 12, 72))) { if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "contentcopyfit") { FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.content = "" } }