OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 7 results

1. I did a quick test to see what FusionPro would do with PDF form fields present on FP template. Ideally it would not touch them, so that they appear on the composed PDF "unharmed". However my test indicates that this is not the case, as the fields are stripped off off the output PDF. Is there a way to instruct the composition engine to pass the form fields/logic into the result PDF?
  2. [sOLVED] I am working on several items in this field including multiple possible body pages based on column value, overflow, and variable tables based on key customers and multi-row external data. My big issue right now is that my tables display on Preview but nothing shows up during Composition. I am assuming it is simple missed code or misplaced code on my behalf. OnRecordStart if (Field("MCE_Letter_Code") == "1") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_2", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_3", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP009", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP010", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP026", false); } else if (Field("MCE_Letter_Code") == "6") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_2",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP009", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP010", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP026", false); } else if (Field("MCE_Letter_Code") == "9") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_2",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_2", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_3", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP010", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP026", false); } else if (Field("MCE_Letter_Code") == "10") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_2",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_2", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_3", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP009", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP026", false); } else if (Field("MCE_Letter_Code") == "26") { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_2",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP001_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_2", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_3", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP006_Overflow",false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP009", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PP010", false); } else { } return ""; OnJobStart //Link to the external data file. data = new ExternalDataFileEx("data_feed.csv", ","); if (!data.valid) { ReportError("Cannot successfully read/find the external data file."); } Rule_DataTable //The following if statement will detect if we are currently in preview mode or editing this rule (versus composing output). if(FusionPro.Composition.isPreview == true || FusionPro.inValidation == true) { Rule("OnJobStart"); } //Create empty var table = []; var tbl = []; //Get a count of the total number of records in the external data file NumberOfRecords = data.recordCount; var type = [ [' '] //Header ]; //Create Table var myTable = new FPTable; myTable.AddColumns(13000, 2000, 20000, 8500, 6500); tbl.push(["", "", "Provider Name", "Phone Number", "Miles Away"]); //Header Rows //Now, loop through all records in the external data file and find the records for (var n=1; n<=NumberOfRecords; n++) { function ExField(field) {return data.GetFieldValue(n, field);} if (Field("MCE_Case_Number") == ExField("Case_Number")) { type.forEach(function(s) { var [provider, phone, miles] = s; provider = ExField("Prov_Name"); phone = ExField("Prov_Phone").replace(/^[\D]*(\d{3})[\D]*(\d{3})[\D]*(\d{4})$/, "($1) $2-$3"); miles = FormatNumber("0.0", ExField("Prov_Mileage")/100); tbl.push(['Check to choose this provider', '', provider, phone, miles]); }); } } // Formatting for (var i=0; i<tbl.length; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; row.minHeight = 2000; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins.Bottom = 0; row.CopyCells (0,1,2,3,4); if (i >= 1) myTable.Rows[i].Cells[1].SetBorders ("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Bottom", "Right", "Left"); if (i == 0) cell.HStraddle = 2; myTable.Rows[0].Cells[1].Bold = "On"; cell.VAlign = "Middle"; row.CopyCells (1,2,3,4); myTable.Rows[i].Cells[2].HAlign = "Left"; myTable.Rows[i].Cells[3].HAlign = "Center"; myTable.Rows[i].Cells[4].HAlign = "Right"; var [col0, col1, col2, col3, col4] = tbl[i]; row.SetContents (col0, col1, col2, col3, col4); } myTable.AddRow(1); //Blank row for seperation //Push variable into Array table.push(myTable.MakeTags()); return table; Text Frame If you want a doctor not listed in the chart below, write the name and city on the lines below. Name: City: «Rule_DataTable» Person completing this form: Again I get the results I need from preview but the composition file is well lacking the data table. Suggestions? Another set of eyes on my code helps a lot.
  3. Hello, I'm having some issues with a tricky file I need to compose. I have 2 documents and 1 set of data to use for both. Normally to pull up a page you could use a Field that has been defined in the data for that purpose, however there isn't one exactly for this case. Which 6-page document I use is determined by the value of the ASK field. http://i.imgur.com/aXzSuCz.png Now I've set up an OnRecordStart rule that checks if there is a value in that field or not Like so: http://i.imgur.com/2iE7EyO.png And the body pages like so: http://i.imgur.com/o5ppLCn.png It seems pretty straightforward, if there is no value or a null value then the 6 body pages that will be composed for a record will be NO ASK-P1 through P6. However all I get are errors. http://i.imgur.com/UZ8t42m.png What am I missing?
  4. I'm almost positive that there isn't a way to do this in the current FusionPro build but I find myself having to do this quite often. I usually get clients that like to see one of each of say 5 different "backgrounds" for letters/postcards or whatever. So currently I'm having to search for the record number (1, 5, 17, 68, 250) for example then having to manually compose one record at a time, change the file name and then repeat the process X times. Is there a way to do this at all? Is there a way to make this a feature request? Thanks - Jason
  5. Here is the details: I have 1 large data file. Within that data file I have 20 versions. Each version has different quantities. The problem: I need to output SEPARATE .pdfs based on each version... with each each PDF named what version it is tagged to. Example: A01 has 33214 records A02 has 26102 records...etc. I need a PDF named A01.pdf that has 33214 records, and I will need another PDF named A02.pdf with 26102 records and so on.... I am certain there is a callback rule that can be created, but my javascript/script writing skills is minimal to none.
  6. When composing files that consist of mostly text boxes via Direct, it SOMETIMES discards my leading setting. The quick fix solution is to just quit Acrobat and reoutput, and that will be okay if I was always dealing with small jobs. However this was brought to my attention on a large job. Is this a glitch? How can I fix? I have attached 2 image screen shots of my problem.Archive.zip
  7. On several occasions our direct server has stalled when composing. Subsequent submissions to the server fail to even start after the stalled job has been cancelled and deleted. I hesitate to re-install because I don't want to reset all the queues. Is there a reason (common perhaps) this may be happening? Thanks for the help.