OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 6 results

1. We have a document that has a declared data file linked. Within the same document, we have page calling an external CSV for the flyout. When we compose the document, we would like the pages to be created in the order of the external document and not the linked data document. Is this possible? Between the two data sets, we have a unique identifier to match the rows.
  2. I keep getting this error message when I try to compose a PPML. I just returned from vacation and I am getting this message. Nobody used my computer while I was away. Or so I am told. I have attached images of the error message. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  3. I am guessing that the Server is the only solution for me, but I would like to inquire in case there is an additional option. I have been working with the VDP Creator for about a month. I currently have a single file with multiple markets, and each market needs to be it's own composition. I have seen questions answered that allow for Batch processing with Server that can bring in multiple inputs, and automate the composition. This will work, but what I would really like is to take a single data source and output multiple files based on a field. For example I have a data file of 36,000. Within the file I have 67 different markets. Market 1: 466 records Market 2: 277 records etc. Is there a way to control the output files based on a field in the data source? Output-Market1.pdf Output-Market2.pdf etc.
  4. I've been using 2 different versions of Fusion Pro VDP Designer on 2 different Macs, and getting different Composition reporting results. I've attached a screenshot to help show this. With the same project (the Presidio Postcard tutorial actually), using version 9.2.31, I correctly get a Composition error that tells me the "Value for variable Season not found in instance data". This is because the source data doesn't include for the month information, so this makes sense. This is seen on the right screenshot with the attached file. But, using the latest version (9.3.6) on Yosemite, I don't get that error message even though it fails as well. The error message from the older version is actually quite helpful in troubleshooting, so why is it missing from the latest version of the software? You can see this in the left screenshot. Is this a bug?
  5. I doing my first job with Fusion Pro VDP Creator 8.2.7. When I Compose the job, I only get 1 record. My data file has ~14,000 records, and I can step through the file using Preview and see the individual records and watch the content change. I tried the "Quick Start VDP" tutorial with the same results, only one record is composed. In the Compose Settings, Input - Record Range is set to all (I also tried 1 to 500). Any help is greatly appreciated. Kevin
  6. Let's say that, through the course of a normal variable-data newsletter operation, some of the newsletters get mangled in the tabber after another flawless print run out of FusionPro. Or they get crushed in the folder/creaser. Or they get trimmed wrong. So, say in a 1,000-record job, I need to reprint records 2, 345-351, 657, and 987-998. Is there an easy way to print a complex range of records in FusionPro? All I get in the Composition Settings Dialog box for Input is [ ] ALL; or, [ ] ____ to ____. As it stands now, if I had the problem in the example above, I'm composing 4 files, one for 2, one for 345-351, one for 657, and one for 987-998, then I'm combining those all into one PDF file for reprinting. I'm thinking that there's GOT to be a better way to do this. I can go back in and edit my source CSV file, and then save it as the "repairs" file, but that's a kludge. I would LOVE to be able to specify a range of records to print, just like printing pages from InDesign or Quark XPress. In a multi-page document, I can specify printing pages: 2, 345-351, 657, 987-998. And it will print JUST those pages. If there's NOT a way to do this currently, can I humbly submit this for a feature request in future versions? (Like 6.1 ?) Thanks!