Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mulit-select box'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Welcome
    • Start Here!
    • News
  • Software-Related Talk
    • Documentation
    • Getting Started
    • The JavaScript Library
    • FusionPro® VDP Creator
    • FusionPro® VDP Producer
    • FusionPro® VDP Server (API)
    • FusionPro® Expression®
    • MarcomCentral®
  • Support
    • Issues, Questions, Etc.
    • Digital Workflow Documents
    • Fonts
  • Off Topic
    • Customer Polls
    • Job Board (Moderated)
    • Reviews, Rants, and General Musings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Occupation

FusionPro VDP software version

OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 1 result

1. I am setting up a business card for a digital storefront using FusionPro. The customer has certain optional certifications that could appear after their name. The customer wants the DSF user to be able to select from a list of certifications rather than enter the certifications manually, so I have set up a pick list as a multi-select box in my FusionPro HTML Form. I have entered all of the possible certifications (AAMS®, CFP®, CFA, etc.) in the pick list as well as a “none” choice in case they don’t have any certifications. The FusionPro fields are as follows: <Fullname><Certifications> <Title1> <Title2> Q1: Does anyone know how the data is output from the storefront if multiple entries are selected from a multi-select box? Is it an array? Q2: Assuming the data is an array, can anyone suggest a javascript that will extract each entry from the array, then format the certifications so they have a comma and space after each one. * Keep in mind the options are none, one selection, or multiple selections. The first line of the business cards should look like: Joe Smith, AAMS®, CFA I am envisioning a script that basically says, If the field Certifications = “none” then return “”, else return the field Certifications, but with formatting “entry1, entry2, entry3, etc.” I can create basic javascripts using the FusionPro building blocks, but this may be out of my league. I don’t know how to handle the formatting part. Can someone help me with this please?