OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 3 results

1. I need to bring in approximately 50,000 plain text resources (one per record), preserving leading space characters, blank lines, etc. so that the formatting remains intact when using a mono-space font (Courier). TaggedTextFromRaw() looks like the logical solution, but it creates entities for the elements of tags so that checking 'Treat returned strings as tagged text' results in the tags being returned as literal text rather than being interpreted as tags. This is my code: return TaggedFromRaw(Resource("Raw Bill").content); Screen capture from preview and source text file attached. What am I missing? Sample Page without font command lines.txt
  2. The <span> tag is a powerful feature of the FusionPro VDP products suite. Unfortunately, it's currently undocumented. This post attempts to remedy that shortcoming. The <span> tag pair was designed to allow style overrides over a specific range, or span, of text. The initial, or opening, <span> tag can take several attributes, which specify style attributes to be overridden in the span. The overrides remain in effect until the ending, or closing, </span> tag is reached. The <span> tag can take any number of the following optional attributes: suppress={true|false}. Defaults to false. If true, all text within the span is suppressed. accumulate={true|false}. Defaults to false. If false, the ending </span> tag restores the style in effect at the beginning of the span. If true, the ending </span> tag restores the style, taking into account any other changes within the span. color=(color name). If present, the specified named color is applied to the entire span as an override. shading=(percentage) If present, the specified shading, or tint, percentage is applied to the entire span as an override. All colors applied to text within the span are shaded by the specified percentage. pointsize=(number). If present, the specified point size is applied to the entire span as an override. Units are in points. font=(font name). If present, the specified named font is applied to the entire span as an override. bold={true|false}. If present, the style of the entire span is set to either bold or not bold, as an override. italic={true|false}. If present, the style of the entire span is set to either italic or not italic, as an override. If the <span> tag is used without any attributes, it effectively acts as way to save the running text style and restore it when the ending </span> tag is reached. For example: <color name="Black">Hi <span><variable name="NameInColor"></span>, you're a winner!This ensures that the original running style of the text is restored, no matter what the "NameInColor" rule does, even if it changes the running color of the text using a <color> tag.
  3. I'm finding that changing the <tracking> of text has no effect when the characters in question are within <superscript> tags. I'm using <tracking> in conjunction with <p>.