Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'repeatrecordcount'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Welcome
    • Start Here!
    • News
  • Software-Related Talk
    • Documentation
    • Getting Started
    • The JavaScript Library
    • FusionPro® VDP Creator
    • FusionPro® VDP Producer
    • FusionPro® VDP Server (API)
    • FusionPro® Expression®
    • MarcomCentral®
  • Support
    • Issues, Questions, Etc.
    • Digital Workflow Documents
    • Fonts
  • Off Topic
    • Customer Polls
    • Job Board (Moderated)
    • Reviews, Rants, and General Musings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Occupation

FusionPro VDP software version

OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 3 results

1. using OnRecordStart: FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount=Field("REPEATCOUNT") where REPEATCOUNT record 1 = 100, record 2 = 32, record 3 = 45; etc. But also using 3-up imposition (8.5x3.5" on Letter) with a Vertical 3 and Duplicate turned On. End result is that I'm getting triplicate of what I need of course. I need 100 versions of rec 1, 32 of rec 2, 45 of rec 3, but I want to print 3-up. Based on other threads I've read, seems like you cant co-mingle RepeatRecordCount and Imposition successfully. Main idea is that the count is variable, so really best to do this with a rule as opposed to setting the Stack amount in Imposer everytime. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
  2. I'm sure there's an easy way to do this, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it... I need to produce sets of sequential numbers. I have a series of prefixes (i.e. "R21-") that each have a different starting number (i.e. "2145") and a different number of sequential numbers needed for each prefix. The kicker is that I need each sequential number to repeat a different number of times for each prefix. For example, line item (prefix) 1, may need to repeat each number three times and would output like this: R21-02145 R21-02145 R21-02145 R21-02146 R21-02146 R21-02146 R21-02147 R21-02147 R21-02147 ... I'm using the repeatrecordCount call in onRecordStart to specify the quantity of unique numbers for the set. I can't figure out how to get each of those unique numbers to repeat x number of times though. Does that make sense?
  3. I know that repeatRecordCount can be set with a Field or a static number, but I would like to set the repeatRecordCount with a variable. There seems to be a problem with FusionPro interpreting the variable correctly (as an integer). Is setting repeatRecordCount with a variable a bad idea, or does someone have a working example? thanks, Bill