Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'marcomcentral'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Welcome
    • Start Here!
    • News
  • Software-Related Talk
    • Documentation
    • Getting Started
    • The JavaScript Library
    • FusionPro® VDP Creator
    • FusionPro® VDP Producer
    • FusionPro® VDP Server (API)
    • FusionPro® Expression®
    • MarcomCentral®
  • Support
    • Issues, Questions, Etc.
    • Digital Workflow Documents
    • Fonts
  • Off Topic
    • Customer Polls
    • Job Board (Moderated)
    • Reviews, Rants, and General Musings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Occupation

FusionPro VDP software version

OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 10 results

1. Hello, I am reaching out regarding a request related to MarcomCentral. Could someone please assist me in creating a rule that accomplishes the following: I am working on creating a booklet and want to provide my users with the option to choose from five different covers. What rule would enable this choice for my users? Are there any additional steps required to achieve this? I assume the PDF cover pages would need to be stored within my library. Additionally, within the booklet, there are two pages that can be inserted immediately after the cover. However, users have the flexibility to exclude them if they prefer. I'd like the page numbering to begin right after the cover, so if the user decides to include the first two additional pages, the numbering will start from there. If they choose not to include those two pages, the numbering will start as if they were never selected. Examples: The booklet has the following covers: Landscape Photography Cover Portrait Photography Cover Wildlife Photography Cover Street Photography Cover Abstract Photography Cover User A chooses the "Landscape Photography Cover" and includes the two extra pages. In this case, the booklet's page numbering would start right after the chosen cover and include the two additional pages. So, it would look like this: Landscape Photography Cover Additional Page 1 (Page 1) Additional Page 2 (Page 2) Content of the booklet starts here... (Page 3) User B, on the other hand, selects the "Wildlife Photography Cover" but decides not to include the extra pages. In this case, the numbering would start directly after the chosen cover without counting the additional pages: Wildlife Photography Cover Content of the booklet starts here... (Page 1)
  2. Hello, I am reaching out regarding a request related to MarcomCentral. Could someone please assist me in creating a rule that accomplishes the following: Since MarcomCentral doesn't offer a product in which a user can choose to directly download a static flyer or a versioned flyer within that one product, I am trying to create something that comes close to it. I would like to create a versioned product in which a user will have the option to personalize it only if they want to. If a user chooses not to personalize, they can simply download the static version of the flyer, as it is built into the template. However, if they want to customize the flyer, they would then select "Yes," and then they would get the option to fill in all the necessary fields. Example: If the user chooses "No," the system will automatically output a static version of a flyer, which is built into the template. They can then proceed to download it without any further modifications. If the user chooses "Yes," they are directed to a customization interface.
  3. Hello, I am reaching out with a request related to MarcomCentral. I need assistance in creating a rule to achieve the following: I want to provide my users with the option to preview a product version, but on my end, I need to view a different version based on their responses to certain questions. For instance, the user should see the business card they created, while I should see the same business card with an additional page meant exclusively for my eyes. Your help in setting up this rule would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  4. Hello, I am reaching out regarding a request related to MarcomCentral. Could someone please assist me in creating a rule that accomplishes the following: I would like to offer users the choice to preview the result without bleed or crop marks, while ensuring that the generated output file includes the bleeds and crop marks.
  5. Hello, I am reaching out regarding a request related to MarcomCentral. Could someone please assist me in creating a rule that accomplishes the following: I want to provide users with the option to preview the result without bleed or crop marks, while still generating an output file that includes the bleeds and crop marks for my use.
  6. Hello, I am working on creating an XDF rule in MarcomCentral to achieve the following: I would like to populate fields in a flyer from an Excel file (.xlsx) based on a user's selection from a dropdown menu. For instance: Users can choose between two managers, John or David. If a user selects 'John,' all of John's information should populate the flyer. If a user selects 'David,' all of David's information should populate the flyer. var XDF = new ExternalDataFileEx("ManagerInformation.xlsx","Excel"); var Manager = ""; var PhoneNumber = ""; var MobileNumber = ""; var EmailAddress = ""; var finaladdress = ""; var i = DeptXDF.FindRecord("Manager", Field("Text_Manager")); if (i>0 && Field("Text_Manager") != "") { Manager = DeptXDF.GetFieldValue(i, "Manager"); PhoneNumber = DeptXDF.GetFieldValue(i, "PhoneNumber"); EmailAddress = DeptXDF.GetFieldValue(i, "EmailAddress"); finaladdress = AppendText(finaladdress, "", Manager); finaladdress = AppendText(finaladdress, "<br>", PhoneNumber); finaladdress = AppendText(finaladdress, "<br>", EmailAddress); } return finaladdress; The reason that I want to use an XDF is because this information is constantly changing If anyone knows if this rule is correct, and the additonal steps I would need to do in order to link the XDF file within MarcomCentral, I would greatly appreciate it.
  7. Hello Again, I find myself having trouble with some code that I have validated in Fusion Pro VDP's code editor, and as data output on my local computer, not behaving as expected in Marcom. The idea is that a user will select a cover image for a multiple page brochure - out of a gallery style picker - and depending on the specific image they select the background images of the inside pages, inset flap and back cover will populate with images that best compliment the colors in the cover image. Basically letting the user pick the cover and having that determines the style for every other background image in the booklet. My variable to select the cover is applied directly to the graphic frame of the cover, and is functioning correctly in Marcom, but the value of it does not seem to be making it to the rule in the template. The following code is an example of the rule I wrote for the back cover. switch (GetFileName(Field("Cover Image")).toLowerCase()) { case "Sunset_Fade.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Red.pdf"); case "Waterfall.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Blue.pdf"); case "Starry_Sky.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Purple.pdf"); default: return Resource("Backer_Gray.pdf"); } The rule is structured as a graphic switch rule, that I converted to java to try to trouble shoot, but in Marcom it only returns the default value. I got it to work based on a text value input from Marcom, using a different variable as a quick test, but the client wants to be able to see the cover images in a gallery when ordering the brochure, so I cannot alter that part on the product. I'm baffled as to why it doesn't work. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this while in Marcom? Help is much appreciated!
  8. Hi, I would like to change the quantity of various products on MarcomCentral. The default setting is '1' and it is displayed as a drop down menu (which doesn't make sense as you haven't got any options. I tried to change it with Bulk Operations. In Bulk Operations - (Products) the quantity is set to '1' and in Bulk Operations – (Pricing) the quantity is set to more than 1. this figure doesn't affect the drop down menu in any way. I can't find where to change the drop down menu for the products that you can choose how many of this item you'll order. Can anyone help? Thanks!
  9. Graphic Design Print and Email Design & Asset Creative FusionPro & MarcomCentral Preparation MarcomCentral Storefront Design FusionPro Template Execution Advanced JavaScript Development External JavaScript Support MarcomCentral Preparation MarcomCentral Development & Administration Template Development & Asset Management Storefront Web Development & Administration ExactTarget Email Marketing Email Design & Asset Creative Email Development Email Client Coding and Design Standards Experience 6+ Years Graphic Design & Web Development Experience 2+ Years FusionPro & MarcomCentral Solution Experience 2+ Years ExactTarget & Email Marketing Experience I deliver high quality design and development solutions and am available for rapid development projects as well as longer-term projects. Please, contact me via email with questions or for project estimates and quotes. Kevin Barthelme Fargo, North Dakota, US pti@kevinbarthelme.com
  10. I am setting up envelopes that will have multiple location options for a client. Basically, I need each address to populate based on the location the user selects from a drop down list. They would like the addresses to pre-fill based on the location selected. They would also like to edit the information if need be. How would I approach this at the beginners level of using printable? We gave them the option of creating groups for each of their departments, but they decided against this option. What would be the best approach? Additional Information: When I created the template in FP, I created formatted resources and a switch rule for my locations, but how would I go about uploading my formatted resources into MarcomCentral? I have all 7 of my files uploaded to the template tab in MarcomCentral. I was able to prefill one location(under the field options tab) but I am unable to pre-fill the remaining 14 addresses to match the locations in my drop-down menu. When I map my prefills, I am only allowed to enter 1-default text but I need 14 different default addresses. http://forums.printable.com/images/buttons/edit.gif