OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 25 results

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to resize/reposition an image inside of a graphic frame? Formerly we were placing images into frames in InDesign and adjust them in there, then making our print files. Now we have created FusionPro templates to do all of this so that we do not have to create each file individually, with the help of galleries in DSF. The templates have different images (headshot, upper body, shoulders up) & I was wondering if there was a way I could just adjust the image in the template rather than having multiple galleries cropped in different manners. Thanks for any and all advice/help!
  2. Customers are using our new business card template (uploaded and configured on WebCRD) and in one of the fields (title), many of them are adding and ampersand '&' but it changes to "amp;" instead of just "&". I've read some threads about some scripts that people have been using, but this is just an open form field for us. I've also turned off the check box limiting FusionPro to MacRoman characters, but that didn't help either. Anyone else run into this before?
  3. I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this, but its eluding me. Is there a way to arrange frames to be 'sent to back' or 'bring forward' like inside of InDesign/Illustrator?
  4. I've seen a few posts about parent child relationships in the HTML, but I haven't seen any that talk about having on drop down populate from another. Is this possible in FusionPro? Example: First list: Option1 Option2 Option1: 12 locations drop down list Option2: 8 locations drop down list Both of these lists return different items, Option1 returns text fields while Option2 returns a graphic image. The two pages used are completely different looks, so I was looking to populate the pages based upon the first list in conjunction with the OnRecordStart (which works great in this scenario). Thanks for any help.
  5. Does anyone know the best way to check for a character? I'm looking for an apostrophe ( ' ) at the beginning of a variable (years attended) that are being input by csv. In single record they get typed in '12-'15 but when uploaded in batch, excel will sometimes remove the initial apostrophe (due to it being a command in the software). I'd like the rule to check for the apostrophe and return the variable if there is one and return ' + variable if there isn't. I am thinking that this would have to be an OnRecordStart rule, but other than that I am a little lost. Thanks for any and all help!
  6. I'm working on a business card that has 3 lines for phone numbers with 2 required and 1 being optional. For the optional line, we want the ability for the user to pick one of 4 options as well as the option to be left blank. I've tried creating a pick list, but then the user cannot add their phone number. I'm a little lost as to how to go about this. Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!
  7. I'm having an issue & I'm not sure how to go about it. I have a variable frame in which the address, city, state, & zip are on the same line (separated by a | between address & city). The customer has requested that if the zip falls onto the next line due to the length of the address, that the city & state also need to drop. Is this a case for copyfit? I'm a little lost on how to proceed.
  8. Has anyone had an issue with exporting an InDesign file into FusionPro due to master pages? I am able to select the text frames & click them to be variable frames while in InDesign, but when it opens up in FusionPro, there are no variable frames. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how can it be resolved? Thanks
  9. I always import a file from InDesign so I can embed the correct fonts & colors, but I am having trouble with one color specifically; Pantone 370 C. Its loaded into FusionPro correctly but when I export it, all the CMYK values get mixed up. They are supposed to be: C = 28 M= 0 Y = 81 K = 45 They export as: C = 65.37 M= 25.93 Y = 100 K = 8.79 Has anyone else run into this issue before?
  10. Is there a simple way to truncate? I have been trying to get rid of text wrapping on a template & nothing happens. I have clicked 'Discard text that does not fit' in the overflow settings, as well as clicking the text wrap on & off again in the text frame editor box. Am I missing something?
  11. So I was able to come up with a good rule for On Record Start for a Name/Title field, but then had to add in a condition for the address as well. It worked perfectly fine until I added the address portion & now it will only use the 'long page', even when the 'short page' is supposed to be used. Is there something missing below? I've been racking my brain to figure out what is going on, but every time I validate, FusionPro returns 'Expressions Ok'. Thanks for the look. var name = Field("Name"); var title = Field("Title"); var nametitle = name + "," + title; if (nametitle.length <= 26){ FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Short Name", true); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Long Name", false); } else{ FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Short Name", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Long Name", true); }; var address = Rule("Format Address"); if (address.length <= 40){ FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Short Name", true); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Long Name", false); } else{ FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Short Name", false); FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Long Name", true); }
  12. Hi there, does anyone have the same issue as i am having. When trying to collect zip files to upload to EFI DSF some of the field in DSF template doesn't seem to work on the VDP template. Can anyone help is this a FP issue or DSF issue? I am using FP 10.0.16 Look forward for some expert advice
  13. I've been working on a span statement & it works well. I need to change the color to a pantone (Pantone 638 CMYK) & I'm having an issue doing so. if (Field("Certification 1") == ""){ return ""; }else{ return "<span font=Wingdings>n</span>" + Field("Certification 1"); } I'm new to spans & have limited experience with them. I've tried adding 'font color = Pantone 638 CMYK' inside of the span but then the rule no longer works. Maybe I am just going about it all wrong? Thanks
  14. I'm having an issue with my fonts not displaying correctly. Initially they wouldn't load as an otf, so I got them in ttf & after reinstalling FusionPro I can finally use them. Unfortunately they do not appear the same. Has anyone else run into this before? I'm sure this has happened to others, but I haven't found anything on here yet.
  15. Hi, I've been working on uploading fonts & seem to always run into issues. I was able to go through & read the error log and get the following: No TTF image for font: BC-KievitOT-Book No TTF or PFA file found for font: BC-KievitOT-Book Copied TTF file "/Library/Fonts/STIXSizTwoSymBol.otf" to "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro/Fonts/STIXSizeTwoSym-Bold.otf" for font: STIXSizeTwoSym-Bold tff_to_pfa_and_fnt: Font /Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro/Fonts/STIXSizeTwoSym-Bold.otf Does anyone know what this means? I have no idea. Thanks
  16. Hi there, i have just discovered that i have got license for FusionPro Producer, Designer and Creator. So far i have only been using creator now i am upgrading to Mac with Adobe CC. I would like to know which would be the best out of these 3 to install on my mac so that i can upload variable templates on EFI digital storefront. My current version of DSF is version 8.6 Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance
  17. I am setting up a business card for a digital storefront using FusionPro. The customer has certain optional certifications that could appear after their name. The customer wants the DSF user to be able to select from a list of certifications rather than enter the certifications manually, so I have set up a pick list as a multi-select box in my FusionPro HTML Form. I have entered all of the possible certifications (AAMS®, CFP®, CFA, etc.) in the pick list as well as a “none” choice in case they don’t have any certifications. The FusionPro fields are as follows: <Fullname><Certifications> <Title1> <Title2> Q1: Does anyone know how the data is output from the storefront if multiple entries are selected from a multi-select box? Is it an array? Q2: Assuming the data is an array, can anyone suggest a javascript that will extract each entry from the array, then format the certifications so they have a comma and space after each one. * Keep in mind the options are none, one selection, or multiple selections. The first line of the business cards should look like: Joe Smith, AAMS®, CFA I am envisioning a script that basically says, If the field Certifications = “none” then return “”, else return the field Certifications, but with formatting “entry1, entry2, entry3, etc.” I can create basic javascripts using the FusionPro building blocks, but this may be out of my league. I don’t know how to handle the formatting part. Can someone help me with this please?
  18. I have a ® that I need to superscript which I have done successfully, however it seems to not be high enough for capitalized text. http://i.imgur.com/tCtj5BN.png Is this just how it is or is there any way I can make it higher? Manually placing an image isn't an option as this is generated text from a measure_rule; the placement of this will vary every time.
  19. I'm almost positive that there isn't a way to do this in the current FusionPro build but I find myself having to do this quite often. I usually get clients that like to see one of each of say 5 different "backgrounds" for letters/postcards or whatever. So currently I'm having to search for the record number (1, 5, 17, 68, 250) for example then having to manually compose one record at a time, change the file name and then repeat the process X times. Is there a way to do this at all? Is there a way to make this a feature request? Thanks - Jason
  20. This is my first Post, bare with me! Im building an 8.5x11 program. With no imposition needed. Just a Multipage PDF. 1. Basically Im having it where the end user can choose from a drop down list of different page layouts. They are able to use the same page layout if they wanted. (example: They choose speaker layout for their first page and they also can use the speaker layout for the 6th page.) In fusion pro I would have all my pages set to unused, I would do a on record start rule for each page layout. (If welcome page is selected, pull in welcome_page, and so on...) When the user pulls in speaker layout and fills it out, and then they pull in the same page again, would it populate what they filled out in the first layout into the page if they choose the layout again (Which I don't want)? So basically can I have them use the page twice using the same variable/page? 2. On top of them choosing which layout they want Im wanting the user to choose how many pages they want, 4, 8 or 12. I do not know how I would go about doing this? So remember all my pages with be different variable page layouts, so how would I tell Fusion Pro, if User selects 4 pages pull in 4 pages? Then they would choose their 4 page layout options from the drop down and it would call in the page layouts? Can Fusion Pro Do this? Im needing some guidance, or some helpful information on how I can execute this. This template will be going up into Marcom. Hopefully Im making since Thanks
  21. Hello, I'm very new to this software and have only ever used it to set up mailing panels for postcards and newsletters (that get folded and mailed). A new project is coming in where I have been asked to place images and text, for ID Cards, using FusionPro. I've looked through some guides, but I feel as though I'm missing an important step. Has anyone done this for a similar project. I would love if someone could give me a "layman's Guide" to setting up this file. Do the images need a naming convention? Do I need a CSV file for the images? Can I have FusionPro place images and text in the same file? I am currently using FusionPro VDP Creator 8.1.2 For many of our projects I use InDesign to create the design file and then Acrobat Pro (with FusionPro) to add in the VDP information. Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
  22. Graphic Design Print and Email Design & Asset Creative FusionPro & MarcomCentral Preparation MarcomCentral Storefront Design FusionPro Template Execution Advanced JavaScript Development External JavaScript Support MarcomCentral Preparation MarcomCentral Development & Administration Template Development & Asset Management Storefront Web Development & Administration ExactTarget Email Marketing Email Design & Asset Creative Email Development Email Client Coding and Design Standards Experience 6+ Years Graphic Design & Web Development Experience 2+ Years FusionPro & MarcomCentral Solution Experience 2+ Years ExactTarget & Email Marketing Experience I deliver high quality design and development solutions and am available for rapid development projects as well as longer-term projects. Please, contact me via email with questions or for project estimates and quotes. Kevin Barthelme Fargo, North Dakota, US pti@kevinbarthelme.com
  23. We have all sorts of fusion pro products in our system, such as business cards and letter heads, but now we are trying to see what else the software can do. For example, I'm currently creating a generic demo of a smartstore and wish to have a welcome brochure for a gym, where the trainer would be the person who logs in, and creates the brochure for his/her customer. So, on the front page where it says welcome, and then I'd like to put the customers name in, however, I can't seem to find how to do this. Also, further in, I want the trainer to be able to explain specific things and have a certain amount of characters to say to their customer who they are, but obviously you have to have a fp files text box linked to a field such as name or title, or whatever so I can't make this text editable. I've looked at making a CSV to upload that can be updated each time a customer would join the service, however this means the trainer would have to write great paragraphs in the small excel text boxes, and create a log in for every trainers customer that they would have to log in for. Any help or guidance much appreciated!
  24. Great discounts on our best-selling FusionPro products Dec. 4 – 18. Click here for details