Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'hyphenated-name'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Welcome
    • Start Here!
    • News
  • Software-Related Talk
    • Documentation
    • Getting Started
    • The JavaScript Library
    • FusionPro® VDP Creator
    • FusionPro® VDP Producer
    • FusionPro® VDP Server (API)
    • FusionPro® Expression®
    • MarcomCentral®
  • Support
    • Issues, Questions, Etc.
    • Digital Workflow Documents
    • Fonts
  • Off Topic
    • Customer Polls
    • Job Board (Moderated)
    • Reviews, Rants, and General Musings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Occupation

FusionPro VDP software version

OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 2 results

1. I am having an issue where a last name field is being broken at the hyphen between the two parts of their last name. I have a rule in a business card that basically states: if the typed characters, in a text frame, fit on one line, then use the specified font (Open Sans) and size (9) specified. if the text exceed the spacing available on that line, then use a condensed font (Open Sans Condensed) size (9) and adjust the magnification of the text so that it will fit on one line. if the adjusted text still exceeds the space allowed, show an error message. Here is my problem: When a person has a long first and last name with a hyphen, it puts the first name field on the top line (full sized) and drops the hyphenated last name to a second line (full sized) This doesn't happen if I put the optional Middle Initial into the data file...OR...when I put a credential in the data file. This odd break only happens when the last name has a hyphen...AND...both the Middle Initial and Credential fields are left blank. If anyone has any ideas how I could address this, I would be most appreciative! Thanks in advance! Troy Here is the rule: //Field names var Creds = Field('Credentials') var FirstMILast = Field('First Name') + ' ' + Rule('Rule - Middle Initial') + Field('Last Name'); // FirstMILast = First MI. Last var v_field = [ FirstMILast, Creds ].filter(String); // Creates the Variable "v_field" = FirstName MI. LastName, Creds //Font var font_name = "Open Sans"; //change this to the correct font //Font Size var v_size = "9"; //change this to the correct font size //Frame Width in inches var v_frame = "1.548"; //change this to the width of the actual text frame var var1_n = '<f name="' + font_name + '">'; var var1_s = '<z newsize="' + v_size + '">'; var var2 = v_field.join(', '); //combine fields var var3 = v_frame*72; //get frame width in points var var4 = var1_n + var1_s + var2; var tm = new FusionProTextMeasure; tm.CalculateTextExtent(var4); var tmwidth = tm.textWidth; if (tmwidth < var3*100){return var4;}//if no scaling needed return without magnify if (tmwidth > var3*100){return Rule('Condensed Font Rule');} //if it can't fit on 1 line without scaling use condensed font rule
  2. Hello all, I am trying to create a rule that will do two things if possible. This is really an email rule. I would like to format the email address to capitalize the first letter of both the first and last name... second, I would like the rule to search for a specific character in the email field, for example a hyphen (-), and then capitalize the first letter after the hyphen. I thought this would have been discussed, but I haven't been able to find a thread mentioning this. Please let me know if this is possible. Example: AnY.character-CAP@help.com to: Any.Character-Cap@help.com Thank you!