Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'smart quotes'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Welcome
    • Start Here!
    • News
  • Software-Related Talk
    • Documentation
    • Getting Started
    • The JavaScript Library
    • FusionPro® VDP Creator
    • FusionPro® VDP Producer
    • FusionPro® VDP Server (API)
    • FusionPro® Expression®
    • MarcomCentral®
  • Support
    • Issues, Questions, Etc.
    • Digital Workflow Documents
    • Fonts
  • Off Topic
    • Customer Polls
    • Job Board (Moderated)
    • Reviews, Rants, and General Musings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Occupation

FusionPro VDP software version

OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 2 results

1. I am having issues with perfecting this smart quote javascript. I have a template using both plain and rich text. I have successfully gotten the smart quotes to show in the correct direction a majority of the time. One issue is when an apostrophe is used as the first character in the field, both in a plain text and rich text field. The second issue is when quotes the first character in the rich text editor only. My code is: Rich Text Rule function replaceFunction(field) { // replace quotes at the beginning or end of the entire string first field = field.replace(/^\"(?=[\w|$][^<>]*<)/, "&ldquor;"); field = field.replace(/^\'(?=[\w|$][^<>]*<)/, "&lsquor;"); field = field.replace(/\"$(?=[^<>]*<)/, "&rdquor;"); field = field.replace(/\'$(?=[^<>]*<)/, "&rsquor;"); // now replace quotes before or inside words field = field.replace(/\s"(?=[\w|$][^<>]*<)/g, " &ldquor;"); field = field.replace(/\s'(?=[\w|$][^<>]*<)/g, " &lsquor;"); // finally, replace all other quotes (after words) field = field.replace(/\"(?=[^<>]*<)/g, "&rdquor;"); field = field.replace(/\'(?=[^<>]*<)/g, "&rsquor;"); return field; } if (Field("Body") != "") return replaceFunction(Feild("Body")) else return ""; Plain Text Rule function replaceFunction(field) { // replace quotes at the beginning or end of the entire string first field = field.replace(/^\"/, "&ldquor;"); field = field.replace(/^\'/, "&lsquor;"); field = field.replace(/\"$/, "&rdquor;"); field = field.replace(/\'$/, "&rsquor;"); // now replace quotes before or inside words field = field.replace(/\s"(?=[\w|$])/g, " &ldquor;"); field = field.replace(/\s'(?=[\w|$])/g, " &lsquor;"); // finally, replace all other quotes (after words) field = field.replace(/\"/g, "&rdquor;"); field = field.replace(/\'/g, "&rsquor;"); return field; } if (Field("Headline") != "") return replaceFunction(Field("Headline")) else return ""; I tested modifying the codes a few ways but don't really know how to right the correct fix. I added a line to the "now replace quotes before or inside words" but wasn't able to get it right exactly. During testing, I could add the following line to the replace quotes before or inside words to fix the double quotes: field = field.replace(/\"(?=[\w|$][^<>]*<)/g, "&ldquor;"); , but I can't do this for the single quote because it changes the direction of an apostrophe (&rsquor;) to a left single quote. Can someone help me as I am not very good at creating javascript code? Thanks!
  2. I've read through many postings and had lengthy email chains with support. What is the bottom-line? Are smart quotes possible in FusionPro when composing in the Variable Text Frame for static or for variable text? (And then ultimately MarcomCentral). Thanks for ANY advice you have! Regards, Debbie