OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 8 results

1. Hi- Can anyone help me create a rule that will pull an image from a defined location at random? There could be as few as two images to choose from, could be more, but the selection should be random. This is for print, not web. Creator 10.03, PC, Producer server
  2. I am setting up a business card for a digital storefront using FusionPro. The customer has certain optional certifications that could appear after their name. The customer wants the DSF user to be able to select from a list of certifications rather than enter the certifications manually, so I have set up a pick list as a multi-select box in my FusionPro HTML Form. I have entered all of the possible certifications (AAMS®, CFP®, CFA, etc.) in the pick list as well as a “none” choice in case they don’t have any certifications. The FusionPro fields are as follows: <Fullname><Certifications> <Title1> <Title2> Q1: Does anyone know how the data is output from the storefront if multiple entries are selected from a multi-select box? Is it an array? Q2: Assuming the data is an array, can anyone suggest a javascript that will extract each entry from the array, then format the certifications so they have a comma and space after each one. * Keep in mind the options are none, one selection, or multiple selections. The first line of the business cards should look like: Joe Smith, AAMS®, CFA I am envisioning a script that basically says, If the field Certifications = “none” then return “”, else return the field Certifications, but with formatting “entry1, entry2, entry3, etc.” I can create basic javascripts using the FusionPro building blocks, but this may be out of my league. I don’t know how to handle the formatting part. Can someone help me with this please?
  3. Hi All, I am looking for some ideas and help on how to print data from multiple rows on one page of a two page letter. There is a unique field for each name in the data "account id". There is no set number of rows for each id. One in the full data has 30 rows. I attached a sample of the data and a two page pdf that shows how the data fields need to be laid out. The back page is what has me stumped. I need to get the "close date" and the "amount" for each row that has the same "account id" to be placed on the back page of the doc. I tried searching the forum but not sure what to even search for. I assume I will need to use some kind of table and an array. I am totally ignorant of both I have just dabbled some in JavaScript by reading this forum for ideas and direction. If anyone can point me in the right direction on where to start on this it would be greatly appreciated. TestData.zip VariableLayout.pdf
  4. ==================== [uPDATE] January 14, 2016 ==================== Solution has been found (by Step) and a cleaner code was also provided. I am leaving this thread as it is so others can get help with similar problems. Attachments have been removed. ===================== [ORIGINAL] January 13, 2016 ===================== We have a request to merge one user's letter with their property tables. These tables will vary in quantity per user. Currently I am able to populate the data tables and create an overflow. However, it seems that the first letter for "Johnny" works out and he gets what he is supposed to have. Then the second letter for "Beth" ends up with Johnny's table and both of her tables. The problem continues on from there. I believe it has to do with the array the data is being stored into and how we are calling it to run. Can someone look over the code and see how I get the tables to stay with their owners and not continue on to the next owner? Since the form is for our state government I will be unable to post the original for download. However, I have attached a sample build and test resources used to build the item. Please keep in mind that this is a very large mailing. If there is an issue with memory recall on larger items let me know.
  5. What I need is a bit more complex than the title suggests. There are two separate sections in this book where the client can choose 1 to 5 optional pages. Each new section needs to start on the left, so if an uneven number of pages is chosen a filler page specific to that section will need placed. After that has happened the entire book (which will always be an even number of pages at this point) will need two specific pages placed at then end if it's not divisible by four for saddle stitch. I've poured over the forums and other samples I have, but just can't quite get it working. Here are some helpful posts I referenced: Inserting Multi-page PDF variable graphics Print page depending on even or odd pages I want to make an array for each of the two sections, count those pages and activate an unused body page if the count is odd. I'm using this in an OnRecordStart rule. Here's the code I've been trying to massage, taken and modified from a sample file: var counter = 0; PAGEArray = [Field("FundCare_Orange1"), Field("Dental_Orange2"), Field("FlexSpend_Orange3"), Field("PlansWork_Orange4"), Field("HowToHSA_Orange5"), Field("ClientUpload_Orange")] var PAGECount = 0; for (i = 0 ; i < PAGEArray.length ; i++) { if (PAGEArray[i] != "") { counter++; var Pic = new FusionProResource(PAGEArray[i], "graphic", "true"); var PicPages = Pic.countPages; if (PicPages % 2 > 0) { FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(“Orange_Filler1”, "true"); } } } But that just activates the unused body page anytime the array is true (not empty), and I can't seem to get the countPages aspect to work. When I use Print("PAGECount is " + PAGECount) and view the log, I simply get PAGECount is 0 repeated for each of the fields in the array that's populated. As far as counting the pages of each complete record and activating the two unused body pages at the end based on whether or not it's divisible by four, I was thinking along the same lines but am not sure how to include the pages from the base template in the count, the pages that aren't part of a graphic field. Any help is really appreciated, I always try to research and resolve things on my own as it really helps me learn, but I need some tutelage here and I'm running out of time. Thanks in advance! OSX 10.10.5 Acrobat 10.1.16 FusionPro 9.3.15
  6. I need to split a multi-line text field into an array based on the line break as the delimiter. I have tried: var data = Field("BenefitsList"); var eachLine = data.split(/\n/g); and other regular expressions to no avail. Does anyone know how to split on a line break in a multi-line text field?
  7. I have a Marcom store with a multi-line text box. The user will enter data as follows (into a single text box): 13-103 | Calculus I | 9-10 | W 10-212 | English 1102 | 11-12 | W 11-109 | Statistics | 12-1 | W 19-115 | Project Management | 8-9 | F 17-206 | Chemistry 2 | 8-9 | S The user is instructed to enter a pipe symbol as a delimiter. So here's what I need to do: 1. Write a rule that will read the entire contents of that multi-line text box into an object(?) or array(?) 2. Use the FusionPro table object to create a new instance of a 4 column table, and populate the entire table with the data above The number of rows will vary, but it will always have 4 columns. I was able to get this to work if the data is in an external data file (using ExternalDataFileEx and a for loop). But I'm having trouble figuring out how to read in the data if it's in a multi-line text box (not an external data file). Is there a FusionPro function that does this?
  8. I am trying to create an on-line FusionPro template of a "phone book". I want to offer the following functionality: - User enters (into one large text box?) a list of names and corresponding phone numbers. - when they click the 'Refresh Preview' button (i.e. onRecordStart?), the list they entered is returned, sorted alphabetically. Is it possible to write a JavaScript rule that does this? Here's one thing to keep in mind... For each NAME, I need to associate a PHONE NUMBER So for example, if I enter the following data: John Smith 858-123-4567 Adam Rodriguez 986-456-7894 Robert Hoo 201-457-7847 ... I should get this back: Adam Rodriguez 986-456-7894 John Smith 858-123-4567 Robert Hoo 201-457-7847 (The list was sorted alphabetically, and the phone numbers "moved" with the corresponding name) Can I bribe someone with an amazon.com gift certificate if they can help me pull this off?