Set FP Expression Image in Loop

ThomasLewis

I have the following snippet of code in a loop in OnRecordStart where I am trying to populate many sequentially named graphic frames with FusionPro Expression images.

The problem I am running into is the .SetGraphic parameter must be a resource type "graphic". How would I set an "FP Expression Image" resource so I can do this in the loop?

var myPI = CreateResource(fpx_array[x], "FP Expression Image");
   myPI.AddData(UntaggedDataField("first"));

FindGraphicFrame("fpx-" + x).SetGraphic(myPI);

That validates which is a nice step forward but it errors in the composition log.

Composing record #1, input record 1

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: <pimage file=ArtGallery_85009_24fpx.fpx><data>Thomas</data></pimage>.

Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.

No value associated to graphic copyhole <> in record 1.

The "ArtGallery_85009_24fpx.fpx" file, along with the others, is in the same directory as the template file. I also tried bringing the files into FusionPro's Resources. In the error log it lists the entire path when I do that, so I'm sure it's finding the files okay. It must be the "of the proper format" part it's having an issue with.

Ah, okay, sorry.

I don't think there's a way to do that, at least not directly. The FusionProGraphicFrame.SetGraphic and FusionPro.Composition.AddGraphicVariable functions really do take only "regular" graphics, not personalized images.

How many FP Expression images are you trying to use in a record? I haven't seen a many jobs with more than two or three. You might be able to rework the job to use Imposition instead.

Or, you could bring in the images as inline graphics in text frames, like so:

FindTextFrame("fpx-" + x).content = myPI.content;

You can also set the width and/or height, just like with any other inline graphics; something like this:

FindTextFrame("fpx-" + x).content = ReplaceSubstring(myPI.content, "<pimage ", "<pimage height=7200 ");