Setting different output file for proof and press

jdubois

I have a file I am setting up which has variable data overprinting on several different background files. For the proof I have to show a 2 page pdf including background and variable overprint data. For the press file, I need only the single page overprint minus the background.

Currently I am using a callback to determine which design is generated and dropping the background through the configuration settings. However, this is generating a 2 page press pdf with overprint data on page 1 and a blank page 2 (front side business card p1, backside p2). What I would like to do is show the end user a 2 page pdf proof with background enabled, but generate the 1 page overprint pdf for press.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Jerimiah DuBois

Alliance Graphics and Printing

For the proof I have to show a 2 page pdf including background and variable overprint data. For the press file, I need only the single page overprint minus the background.

I would add an OnJobStart callback rule that suppresses the back side from output for the print PDF. We typically link to a separate data file for proofing that indicates "proof" in the data file name which allows us to write a rule to determine whether the non-printing background is included in the output file based on the input file name. If that's not your case, you might just have to comment out the rule when printing your proof files.

As for not printing the "shell" content on the side with variable content for the print output, there's a checkbox to suppress the static elements on the Output tab in the Compose dialog box.

I would add an OnJobStart callback rule that suppresses the back side from output for the print PDF.

Actually, you want to use the FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage function in OnRecordStart, not in OnJobStart. Please refer to the Rules Guide documentation for details.

Archived