Monotype Sorts Font issue

rsheldon

Good Morning,

I am running FusionPro 12.0.2 in Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS 10.13.6. I have loaded my fonts from Suitcase Fusion 6 and loaded them into FusionPro, restarted both Acrobat and FusionPro and the font Monotype Sorts which is a .ttf font does not show in the variable text editor font selection.

I also have an issue with the preview selector only allowing 100 records to preview, I have not tried to compose the file which is 13,000 plus records but have a feeling that I will not be able to compose the complete file.

As my signature notes, font issues should go to Support, as they will likely need to look at the font files, which should not be posted here.

That said, there will be a fonts.err file in "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro", which should contain information about why the font was not loaded. Or perhaps it was loaded, but the name it presents in the FusionPro font list is not what you expect.

Regarding the Preview Record Selector, that record limit was put in because trying to load extremely large data files can slow things down at design time. The idea is that you should use a small set of sample data to design the template and test boundary conditions (such as really long and short data field values), then use the full data file to compose. If you really want to see all the records in Preview, you can enter zero in that Preferences box. (You can get to that dialog from the menu in Acrobat, FusionPro -> Advanced -> Preferences.)

Any thoughts on the font issue, I also tried Zapf dingbats and that did not work either.

Please be more specific about "did not work." Does it not appear in the font drop-down list? Or does it pop up a message when you select it? If it's the message, you can click Yes and it should compose properly.

Thanks Dan,

The error that pops up when I try to use the font Zapf Dingbat says

"Unable to change the elected text to font "Zapf Dingbats". Do you want to insert a variable to change the font instead? Yes or No.

I was able to use Wingdings. I composed a few records and when I went to look at the PDF I got a warning about the font Times Roman containing invalid encoding, some characters may not display. Haven't had this before, is it because I am now using FusionPro server?

The error that pops up when I try to use the font Zapf Dingbat says

"Unable to change the elected text to font "Zapf Dingbats". Do you want to insert a variable to change the font instead? Yes or No.

It's not an error. It's a question. Perhaps we need to update the UI so it doesn't seem like an error. It's simply the way that the new Mac Text Editor works. It won't change the font for a character that's not valid in that font. If you answer Yes, a tag will be inserted so that the font is used in the output.

I was able to use Wingdings. I composed a few records and when I went to look at the PDF I got a warning about the font Times Roman containing invalid encoding, some characters may not display. Haven't had this before, is it because I am now using FusionPro server?

I don't think it's about FusionPro Server. It may be about the way the font is encoded on the Mac. Again, it's hard to analyze font issues here on the forum, and issues with distributed compositions (composing on a different machine than the one on which the job was collected) are hard to diagnose without more information about your environment as well. Your best bet is to contact Support.