Imposing a job when template has pages set to unused

msteinberger

I have triggers set up that turn a page on or off depending on the data, but when I try to impose the job, the pages that are set to unused will not impose.

I have the pages set to unused in the page manager and am using "set body page usage" in the OnRecordStart rule to turn them on or off depending on the data.

Under normal composition, the jobs compose exactly as they should. When I try to compose and use an imposition definition, the unused pages will not impose even when the data is saying they should be used.

I'm using FusionPro VDP Designer 9.3.9

Thanks,

Under normal composition, the jobs compose exactly as they should. When I try to compose and use an imposition definition, the unused pages will not impose even when the data is saying they should be used.

Are you sure about that? I suspect that the output pages are not in the order you expect when imposed. I would try adding a text frame with variables such as $pagenum, $inputrecordnumber, $outputrecordnumber, $processedrecordnumber, and $outputrecordnumberbysheet to each of the pages, in order to track exactly which pages you're seeing in the output. You might also want to add some Print calls to your OnRecordStart rule to report which pages have been activated for each record in the composition log (.msg) file. Of course, you should be looking at the log file for any warning messages already.