Overflow page and page usage inquiry

Ryan_B

I have a purchase summary statement that I'm creating that will always have at least 3 pages. On the third page I have a variable length table being generated from an external data file. I have an overflow page set up to allow the table to grow to how ever many pages it needs to. Each record needs to end up being an even number of pages, so a following record's first page doesn't show up on the back of it's previous record's last page during printing. (I hope I didn't lose anybody there.)

I have written this rule in the OnRecordStart to add a blank page if a record is an odd number of pages:

var pageCount = FusionPro.totalPages;

if(pageCount %2 != 0)
{
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("ExtraPage", true);
}

The rule seems to be working for records that are an odd number of pages. However when I compose a record that already has an even number of pages, it adds the overflow and the ExtraPage, thus giving me two blank pages when none are needed. Anybody have an idea why this is happening, and more importantly, how to resolve it? TIA.

While we're on the subject, when I compose my first record, in the composition dialogue box I see a "Malformed Entity &4 in record 1" message.

MalformedEntity.PNG.4e912c128b70a28331f22a32b8a956e3.PNG

When I compose the second record, I see two more "Malformed Entity" messages.

MalformedEntity2.PNG.83b1d9386986f1f04fa0fa671433e994.PNG

Any idea what these mean?

While we're on the subject, when I compose my first record, in the composition dialogue box I see a "Malformed Entity &4 in record 1" message.

Well, first of all, we're not really "on the subject." As far as I can tell, this is a completely new question, unrelated to overflow pages. So this new question really should be a new thread.

[ATTACH]1490[/ATTACH]

When I compose the second record, I see two more "Malformed Entity" messages.

[ATTACH]1491[/ATTACH]

Any idea what these mean?

They mean that, somewhere in your job, FusionPro is processing some text that has been presented to it as tagged markup, but ampersands in that text are not properly escaped as entities. You probably need to add a call to TaggedTextFromRaw in a rule that's returning tagged text. But without seeing the job, I can only guess.

The reason I thought it might be on the same subject as the overflow pages is because I've used overflow pages only one other time and I'd not seen that message before. Therefore I thought they were related. But thanks anyway for your response, I'll look into it. Thanks Step and Dan.