Horizontal Alignment of Graphics

-Lisa-

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the horizontal alignment of a graphic from within a JavaScript rule? I have a variable graphic frame with a choice of five images. Two images need to be placed in the frame center aligned and the other three need to be placed in the same frame right aligned. Is it possible to align from within the rule or do I need to create separate graphic frames that sit on top of one another to achieve this? It would be great if I can get away with one frame and one rule for this.

Thanks!!

On page 44 of the FP Tags Reference Guide, it suggests that there is a tag for alignment

<graphic alignh="right" alignv="top">

You should be able to use these to return tagged graphics in the necessary alignment.

Of course, for only 5 images, I might be inclined to edit them beforehand in Photoshop and save them all as the same pre-determined size with each item placed in the correct position on the canvas, thus avoiding the tagging altogether.

Yes, setting the attributes of the <graphic> tag will allow you to specify the alignment, as well as scaling and clipping. You can also create named Graphic Resources and check the "Override Template" box in the Resource Editor dialog.

Archived