128a Bar Code

dianab

How do I place a 128 bar code into Fusion Pro? We're using FP Desktop 6.1P1e. I have all the IDAutomationC128 fonts, but I cannot be the bar code to scan. What am I doing incorrectly?

Presumably, if you have something you're trying to scan, then you've already figured out how to output something at least "barcode-ish."

But I can't tell what you might be doing incorrectly without knowing what you're doing. Are you using a JavaScript rule and calling a function like Make128Barcode? Are you using a Template XML rule? Are you simply putting a field value out in an IDAutomationC128 font? Something else?

If you can collect up your job, or at least a minimal sample job that shows what you're doing, and post it here, or at the very least, post your rule, that would give me, and everyone else here on the forum, something more to go on, so that we can offer more specific advice.

I have a database that's been changed into a .csv file. I am trying to use one of the fields to create the 128a (like I have with a 3 of 9)

My data looks like:

I know with the 3 of 9 I had to use *fieldname* and then the 3 of 9 code that I wanted. Do I need to do the same thing for 128a?

Thanks!

I have a database that's been changed into a .csv file. I am trying to use one of the fields to create the 128a (like I have with a 3 of 9)

My data looks like:

I know with the 3 of 9 I had to use *fieldname* and then the 3 of 9 code that I wanted. Do I need to do the same thing for 128a?

Thanks for the info, but I still don't know what you mean by "I had to use *fieldname* and then the 3 of 9 code." In what way are you "using" the field? Again, are you just typesetting it in a font in the Text Editor, or are you applying a rule to it, or what?

At any rate, this rule works for me:

return '<f name="IDAutomationC128L">' + NormalizeEntities(Make128Barcode("000017"));