Paragraph Placement Tag

kjacobson

I came across this post about going from multiple columns to a single-column. http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?p=3469#poststop

You can set up a frame with multiple columns and use the <p paragraphplacement="straddleall"> tag to switch to single-column mode. This is useful for a headline-type effect.

What is the tag to go back to multiple columns? Every paragraph after the straddleall continues to straddle the columns. I would like a header to straddle the columns and then the following paragraphs to be in columns.

I know I can do this with two linked frames, but wanted to see if I could simplify the layout.

The next paragraph will automatically go back to multi-column mode. So technically, the answer to your question is the <p> tag.

But normally you don't need to manually specify a new paragraph. The typical use case is that, in the Text Editor, you call out a rule that returns the <p paragraphplacement="straddleall"> tag, followed directly by the headline or whatever it is that straddles, then the multi-column text in a new paragraph, which automatically goes back to multi-column.

You say that, "Every paragraph after the straddleall continues to straddle the columns." That's not the case in a test I just did. Maybe you're using "soft" returns (<br> tags) instead of "hard" paragraph breaks (<p> tags)? Feel free to post your job.

Edited by Dan Korn