Fusion Pro not recognizing Italic versions of fon

SKnox

I am trying to use the Italic versions of DINPro-Bold.otf and DINPro-Medium.otf, which are DINPro-BoldItalic.otf and DINPro-MediumItalic.otf. I have loaded the fonts into FP but only the non-italic versions show up in the font drop down. So I have tried just selecting the DINPro-Bold and hitting the italic symbol. That shows italic in the variable text editor, but not when I preview template. Also when I collect, it is not collecting the italic version of the font. I tried clearing all the fonts from fusion pro and reinstalling, but I see no difference. When I look in the fustion pro font folder the italic versions are in there. I am not sure what else to do at this point. Any suggestions?

I have wiped my font caches, cleared all the fonts in Fusion Pro. Then I Loaded the fonts into FP, triple checking that the Italic versions of the fonts loaded. I still don't see them in my font drop down for fusion pro. Any other suggestions?

I am trying to use the Italic versions of DINPro-Bold.otf and DINPro-Medium.otf, which are DINPro-BoldItalic.otf and DINPro-MediumItalic.otf. I have loaded the fonts into FP but only the non-italic versions show up in the font drop down.

Yes, you will only see one reference to the font family in the drop-down. From a user perspective, FusionPro deals with font families, not individual font files. It has <b> and <i> tags, and corresponding controls on the Variable Text Editor, to switch to bold and italic versions (faces) of a font within the family (where a family usually consists of four individual font files, in "normal", "bold", "italic", and "bold+italic" flavors).

Generally, the individual fonts are marked with the same family name and different bold and italic attributes, so FusionPro recognizes them as being in the same family, and switches as appropriate based on the styles in effect. Sometimes, however, font files are not labeled correctly for FusionPro to recognize them as members of the same family, and this doesn't work.

So I have tried just selecting the DINPro-Bold and hitting the italic symbol. That shows italic in the variable text editor, but not when I preview template.

Try doing a regular composition (not a Preview), and you should see warning messages about the font in your log (.msg) file.

Also when I collect, it is not collecting the italic version of the font. I tried clearing all the fonts from fusion pro and reinstalling, but I see no difference. When I look in the fustion pro font folder the italic versions are in there. I am not sure what else to do at this point. Any suggestions?

You can look in the fonts.ini and fonts.err files for any references to the font in question. Generally, though, as my signature says, you should go through Support to resolve these kinds of font issues.

Archived