URGENT Czech caracter problem

hoover

I have a problem with the correct output of czech characters.

ex: ěšč (characters with a caron on)

Also when i link a csv datafile the characters can only be displayed correct if i make a csv in unicode (not unicode (UTF-8)) and import as central europe. The in FP the font needs to be Arial Unicode MS. But i need a bold style not regular and i would like a different font but as I compose a pdf i see nothing unless I use Arial Unicode MS.

Any help would be appreciated,

Hoover

Hoover, since the end of 2008 I spent some quality time with Latin 2 fonts (and CE texts) and FusionPro. Every time I was able to create a test case where text containing accented characters using a specific font did not render correctly. I have to say that with every new version of FP I saw fewer problems than in the older ones, but even as recently as June of this year (I was using version 6.0P1f) there were still problems. My case number was FP-11269 and I do not know whether it was ever resolved.

Every time I get my hands on a new release I try to test this functionality and it has always been a trip (for example, remember to un-check the "well-labeled" "Limit procesing..." switch on the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog). I am still waiting for a flawless UNICODE support in the app (I haven't tested the latest release yet).

Alex.

to Alex: The fonts use czech characters. But FP doesn't show them. In Smartstream 4 we get a flawless output but aaarrghh zzz so slow.

FP is very fast and has more abilities but czech characters (c caron etc) arggg.

to azatko: i tried everything i fond on the web and forum. I think FP can't find some glymps in fonts (arial unicode ms as exception). I don't know the difference in structure of the fonts (maybe arial unicode ms is a true pc font?).

Thanks anyway for the response.

Stil hoping for a solution.

Hoover

Archived